A Lizzie McGuire Guide to Surviving Spring Quarter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

For 90s kids, Lizzie McGuire just understands the inner depths of our soul. Besides crushing on all of her outfits (minus the fugly unicorn sweater she wore for picture day) and her brief stunt as an Italian superstar, Lizzie McGuire answered all the questions we were too afraid to ask our parents (i.e. buying your first bra). So it’s only fair that she helps us survive spring quarter. 

Lizzie McGuire knows the struggle of realizing there’s only four weeks left until summer and you have NO job, NO internship, NO plans for summer, and NO Ethan Craft man candy to spend your summer with. WTF is up with that?!

Or the struggle that is the aftermath of Wine Wednesday: 

Thankfully that’s where Chipotle BOGO cards come to the rescue:

And when your parents keep nagging you about becoming a “real person” and a “functioning adult,” whatever that means. My eyes glazed over about ten minutes ago. 

Reading Nicole Lapin’s RICH BITCH: A Simple 12-Step Plan for Getting Your Financial  Life Together…Finally counts as being a real adult. Plus its sassy spin on how to invest in yourself never gets boring!

And when you realize Her Campus hooked it up with chloe + isabel’s GEM Card program that comes with an all expense paid trip to New York City:

With Extravaganza coming up, thinking of an outfit that says “I know this isn’t Coachella, but I’m still trendy af without trying too hard,” occupies a good 20% of my daily thoughts. But of course, the eternal struggle:

And you don’t want to be “that girl” dressed the same as everyone else and risk an awkward #twinning moment with someone you don’t know. 

Luckily BooHoo.com and Her Campus personally heard about the Extravaganza situation and gave you some summer outfit inspo and 30% off at BooHoo.com for your toubles. Okay, just kidding about BooHoo personally hearing about your outfit situation, but we’re serious about the 30% off!

When your friend attempts to force you to go to the new cheer fitness class at the school gym, you can convince her to do a lowkey (with less potential for public embarassment) workout with your Crunch Live free 30 day membership. 

Next step: Laying out and getting a nice tan with your best friend and some Blink Tattoos. 

And when your new BooHoo outfit and Blink Tattoos are all on fleek: 

All that’s left to do is celebrate how amazingly kick-ass awesome you are. Whether you’re celebrating…

How great you feel in your new pink lipstick

How you’ve mastered the booty shake

Or how you danced with Aaron Carter to “I Want Candy”

Don’t forget to #CelebrateYourself, because you know that’s what Lizzie McGuire would do!

Maya is currently a third year Communications major at UCSB and a San Francisco native. As an previous editorial intern for HC and current Campus Correspondent, Maya loves to write about her NOMtastic food endeavors and the laid back fashion and style of California. With an interest in magazine editorial writing and public relations, Maya plans to pursue these fields as she continues to add a little more spice to every Collegiate’s life!