Let’s Get Catty: Who Wore it Worst at the Oscars?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

The stars came. Oscars were given out. There were winners and there were losers. But let’s face it, all we could really pay attention to for most of the show was the devastating array of fashion.

Would we even be able to consider this a worst dressed list if Lady Gaga didn’t manage to make her way onto it?  At this event, Gaga took her usual YOLO-approach to fashion and sported what I imagine Cruella DeVille to wear to a wedding. 

Thea Andrews obviously did not get the memo that the limo was taking her to the Oscars and not to her quincenera.  Lo Siento, Thea.

If Avril Lavigne circa “Sk8r Grl” and overweight Kelly Osbourne had a theoretical love child, even that kid would not be caught in this trying-to-be-punk gown.  The sad thing is that it actually had potential before the trainwreck that occurred below the waist.

Don’t be distracted by Adam Levine’s good looks—without her man-candy accessory, there is nothing attractive about Behati Prinsloo’s getup. This dress looked really familiar to me, and then I realized it was because I made an art project in pre-K that was almost identical. I won’t mind if I never see that dress again.

No one should have ever let Solange out of that elevator.

What a sweetheart for trying to give a second chance to all the people who missed the fireworks show on New Years Eve.  Sorry, girl, you are three months late.

I love you, Gwenyth, but the Oscars were on a Sunday, not a Thursday. #TBT to your 80’s prom dress.

Mya McCann is a fourth year literature student in the College of Creative Studies at UCSB. She currently lives in Bangkok, Thailand and is in the business of running BKK. On the weekends you can find Mya either in the jungle or on an island. On the weekdays she studies Thai and Buddhism and teaches English to sex workers in the red light district. You can follow her adventures on IG: MyaJoy