This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

The hot, new beauty trend that is “in” right now is a box of beauty products (for a subscription price) that is delivered to your doorstep monthly. There are numerous, blooming companies that give their members the best, new products in cute, sample sizes to test out, ranging from perfumes to makeup to hair accessories. While I personally have a subscription or two (beauty products + snail mail (so fun!) = obsessed), the newest one I decided to join is called Julep—a monthly box of the hottest nail polish colors and other fun accessories! Let me just preface this by saying, I AM IN LOVE…

I reA month ago, I read about the company on a random blog and thought it was interesting, so I decided to sign up because hey, why not? They sent me an email promotion for a free beauty box, including 3 nail polishes and some other fun beauty supplies. Honestly, I didn’t really think much of it, so I let the promotion it sit in my inbox for a while. However, I recently began noticing ads for the brand in many of the blogs that I read religiously. I remembered that email I had received for a free box and decided to try it out. Best decision ever.

Just by signing up to become a Julep Maven member (FREE!) you automatically get 20% off of all of their products AND free shipping. There are usually anywhere from 3-5 different style boxes to choose from every month, containing different colors of polish, lipstick, etc. The first step to receiving this little Julep gem is to take a style quiz to determine the colors that would look best on you. The nice thing about this is that you can always change from month to month, so you can get crazy neon colors one month and pastels the next—so fun, right?! Also, the monthly subscription is optional, so you can get the initial promotion to test out the polishes and then you don’t have to commit to buy one every month. Let this be a warning to you though—you will definitely want to subscribe. Be prepared.

So, I put in an order for my free box and decided to get an add-on polish (a full size color that isn’t included in your box, but is over 50% off of the regular price) as well. Then, I waited for my pretty, little package to arrive. About a week ago, I got my first box in the mail. It came in the cutest black box with glittery tissue paper, all wrapped up in ribbon. I died—too cute for words. Of course, I immediately had to try out my new color, and, I have to say, I am really 

After my first, freebie box, Julep has continued to send me promo emails every day for free or discounted colors—I love the perks of being a member (again, FREE). I wish I didn’t have a college girl budget; otherwise, I would purchase every color! Nonetheless, I got a promotion the other day that I just couldn’t resist. It was an offer of $24.99 for $70-$200 worth of products. Literally, so much nail polish. I am going to be so happy when this package arrives—I don’t know what I am going to do with myself. Some of the boxes even have iPads in them! Each box is different, so it’s always a surprise.

Overall, I am extremely satisfied with the quality of products that Julep offers as well as their promotions and sales. Sign up to get a free box and endless amounts of other insane discounts—I promise you won’t regret it.

Thanks for reading! Let me know what colors you get in your first box :) 

University of California, Santa Barbara chapter of Her Campus