Jacob Elordi and Olivia Jade Breakup — Do Euphoria-Lovers Now Have A Chance?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

If you’re anything like me, I bet your TikTok For You Page is filled with Saltburn content. It’s been a couple weeks since the film first premiered on Prime Video, but it is still being talked about — or is everyone just talking about Jacob Elordi. I may have been late to the trend to finally watch Saltburn this week, but I wasn’t late to the Jacob Elordi train — my celebrity crush on Jacob Elordi existed since The Kissing Booth era.

It seems our favorite Saltburn and Euphoria star has had quite an interesting dating history, or rather a quickly ending dating history. It seems that every show or movie he has started in, he ends up dating one of his co-stars, beginning with Joey King back in 2017, Zendaya in 2019, and Kaia Gerber in 2020.

kissing booth 2 long distance?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp
Netflix

So, who’s his latest now?

Does anyone else remember the USC rowing scandal? Yes, Jacob Elordi and YouTuber Oliva Jade have been dating since 2021. The had a rocky start to the relationship, broke up in 2022, but quickly rekindled the romance soon after. But now, rumors point to their splitting following the premier of Saltburn. Does this mean that all of us now have a chance with him? Probably not, but a girl can dream!

Let’s rewind to get the full picture. Olivia Jade and Elordi started their romantic relationship back in December 2021 when fans spotted them getting coffee together, yet it seems as if the romance has been low-key, as they are not seen in the public eye very often with each other.

The rumor of the split started when fans pointed out that Jade and Elordi unfollowed each other on Instagram. Some people may scoff and say that is a silly reason to come up with such an accusation, but we girls know how real it is when the couple posts go down and that unfollow button is clicked.

Many fans also speculate the split because it seems with Jacob’s growing attention with two huge productions this year, Saltburn and Euphoria, that his spotlight has been without the presence of his girlfriend next to him. I don’t know about you, but if I was dating Jacob Elordi, I would want to walk the red carpet next to him (maybe that’s just me — I don’t know!).

The truth..

Unfortunately, to all my lovely dreamers and fan-girls out there, these rumors of their split turned out to be false. As fans and credible sources have reported that they are both in New York together right now as Elordi is getting ready to host SNL. Turns out their relationship is just on another level of low-key where they do not feel the need to even follow each other on Instagram — good for them honestly! Sources have also confirmed to People Magazine that they are 100% not broken up and still going strong.

Oh well, it was worth the small chance we all thought we had. But for now, Elordi is currently off the market and us fans will just have to anxiously await that next Euphoria season.

Hi! My name is Sydney Fetters and I am from Orange County, California. Growing up so close to the ocean I knew UCSB was the perfect choice for me. I am a huge beach-lover and nature person, and if I could, I would prefer to study at the beach rather than the lib. I also love doing pilates and yoga and obviously hanging out with the girls. I am a first year at UCSB with a major of pre-bio which I hope to turn into cellular and developmental biology. I am also pre-med and hope to continue my education to medical school (preferably by the ocean). I have my EMT license and worked as an EMT back in Los Angeles, so yes I am that friend people turn to to ask “what do you think I have” (it’s usually the frat flu). At UCSB I also am a part of Alpha Phi which is how I learned about the amazing Her Campus! I hope to use my health knowledge to help all of you girls out on navigating your own health and wellness her on campus!