bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Health

Instagram Accounts to Follow for Workout Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Maybe you’ve been meaning to start exercising but just haven’t found the right routine, or don’t even know where to start! If you’re a newbie to exercise, it isn’t always easy finding out which types of workouts are best suited to your goals and fitness capabilities. Not only can working out in college help reduce the stress of weekly assignments, it can boost self-confidence, improve sleep and the list goes on. So to help inspire your fitness journey, here are some amazing Instagram accounts to follow that range from HIIT, weightlifting, and yoga that you’ll be excited to give a try in the gym!

Whitney Simmons

@whitneyysimmons

YouTuber and Gymshark Athlete, Whitney Simmons’s fitness-focused account features demonstrative weight training videos and at-home workouts. Her easy-to-follow workouts are the perfect beginner’s guide to tackling any new routine.

Kayla Itsines

@kayla_itsines

Kayla Itsines, an Australian fitness trainer and the creator of the famous BBG fitness programs, regularly shares a combination of weight training and cardio workouts with her followers. On her account, you’ll also see all sorts of healthy, delicious recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, desserts, and snacks.

Jessamyn Stanley

@mynameisjessamyn

Jessamyn Stanley, the host of her own podcast and author of Every Body Yoga, dedicates her Instagram to promote body positivity and yoga for all body shapes. Jessamyn shares yoga tips with her followers for living a healthier lifestyle and encourages people to focus on feeling healthy on the inside instead of focusing on how they look.

Idalis Velazquez

@ivfitness

Idalis Velazquez, fitness professional and content creator of Women’s Health Magazine, empowers women with her fast, efficient and effective workouts that help women get the results they want with the time they have. Her workouts have been featured all over nationally recognized websites including Women’s Health, Men’s Health, People, GQ Magazine, Teen Vogue, and the Huffington Post.

Katy Hearn

@Katyhearnvideos

Katy Hearn is a certified personal trainer with nearly nine hundred thousand followers on Instagram. Katy committed herself to fitness after years of struggling with her weight. She even created her own special eight-week challenge programs, such well as her “Build a Booty” plan.  

All images via Google Images