This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Heartbreak is a very raw emotion that almost every human being experiences at one point. It’s painful, confusing, and consuming. No one is prepared for the end of a strong bond or a relationship and it often comes unexpected. The most important thing to rememeber throughout this experience is yourself and the fact that time really, really does heal all. Your friends, parents, and coworkers will probably tell you this many times but it really is true.

You will be okay. Everything will be okay. 

During hardtimes like these, it’s important to pamper and spoil yourself. Buy yourself some new LUSH products and test out that bath bomb you’ve been wanting to try. Organize a sleepover with your friends and have a night full of wine, facemasks, and stories about the various ‘fuck boys’ you all have encountered throughout life. Your friends will be your greatest supporters and will be your new surrogate SO for a while!

Alone time can be just as helpful as spending time with others. However, it’s better to indulge in some ‘me’ time after you’ve gotten through the first few hard weeks of the break up. Here are some fun things to do by yourself: go for a run, take advantage of the beautiful beaches around us, treat yourself to an acai bowl, get your eyebrows and nails done, go shopping, treat yourself to a bombass meal – and the list goes on and on! 

You will feel sad at times and that’s okay. Cry your eyes out and eat some Ben & Jerry’s, it’s all going to be okay. No matter how hard it is to belive right now, you WILL fall in love again. For now…. ENJOY THE SINGLE LIFE GURRRRRL!!!!

Kirby is a recent graduate from UCSB currently living in Los Angeles. As a proud Her Campus UCSB alum, she's happy to be back on the HC team covering one of her fave shows: "The Mindy Project." On any given day you can find her with her nose in a book (let's be real - it's a Kindle). In her free time, she likes petting dogs, binge-watching TV, and eating a lot of food. Find her on Instagram: @kirbynicoleb or @GirlBossEats.