How to Celebrate This GALentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Hey, girls! Valentine’s Day is around the corner! It’s the day to celebrate not only romantic love, but love in friendship. Celebrate this day with your closest girlfriends and some of these ideas for the perfect GALentine’s Day. Show your love for those girls who will always be there for you no matter what! 

1. Brunch Date

You can never go wrong with brunch! Gather all your girls for this iconic meal that everyone can enjoy whether that means making your way to your favorite spot downtown or getting together to cook!

2. Shopping Day

Shopping is way more fun with your closest girlfriends! Spend the day on State Street and shop till you can’t anymore.

3. Dessert Party

Gather all your girlfriends for a dessert party. This is a potluck style idea where everyone comes in with their favorite desserts and spends the night talking and enjoying some tasty treats.

4. Beach Day

We are all so privileged to be living in beautiful Santa Barbara where the beach is our backyard. If we are lucky enough this Valentine’s Day to have beautiful, sunny weather, throw on a bikini and make your way down to the beach and enjoy the sun. 

5. Spa Night

Every girl needs to unwind, might as well make a night of it. Gather all your favorite face masks, nail products and snacks and movies and bam! You have a perfect spa night with your friends.

6. Pizza and Wine Night

Pizza and Wine…there is no better combination. Throw in your girls and a couple movies and nothing will go wrong!

7. Dinner Night

This right here is perfect for those girls who love to cook! Gather all your girlfriends and decide on a dinner recipe that you can all work on together. This is a perfect way to bond and work together and in the end you get to enjoy a delicious meal! 

My name is Patricia Martin. I am currently a third year BFA dance major at UCSB. I am originally from Sacramento, CA. I have been dancing for seventeen years now and have not stopped. I am continuing my training in dance here at UCSB in order to meet my goal to one day be a part of a professional dance company. I also strive to become a choreographer and create works that will inspire other dancers and artists. Although dance is my life, my number one goal in life is to create and inspire whether that be through my dancing, performance or through writing. I am not the best speaker for I am best at expressing myself through movement and written words. And if I am able to use those two things and inspire someone, I am happy.