This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

If you’re going to be single this Valentine’s Day, don’t be sad. Have a party with friends instead! Who said you have to spend the day of love with a significant other? Hosting a Palentine’s party to show your love for your friends can be just as fun.

Gather your decorations, heart balloons and confetti. Get in the Valentine’s spirit.

Nothing says Valentine’s Day like chocolate covered strawberries. Have a fondue bar! Get some fruit, cheesecake pieces, waffles, and more.

Or maybe get together some ingredients and make a cheese platter.

Don’t forget the festive drinks!

The best part about spending Valentine’s at UCSB is that you can take your party to the beach.

Feel free to dress up! Who doesn’t enjoy getting glammed up every once in a while? Plus, it makes for a good squad pic.

Happy Valentine’s Day, Gauchos!

Sally is a fourth year communication student at UCSB. Her favorite things to do include traveling, eating, and binge watching YouTube videos. In her ideal future, she is either a research professor or market analyst for a digital entertainment company and living in her hometown of LA with a hypoallergenic cat.
Kirby is a recent graduate from UCSB currently living in Los Angeles. As a proud Her Campus UCSB alum, she's happy to be back on the HC team covering one of her fave shows: "The Mindy Project." On any given day you can find her with her nose in a book (let's be real - it's a Kindle). In her free time, she likes petting dogs, binge-watching TV, and eating a lot of food. Find her on Instagram: @kirbynicoleb or @GirlBossEats.