Her Campus UCSB’s Blog: What Did You Do Over Spring Break?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Now that week 1 of Spring Quarter has officially passed, we are back into the groove of school, and have the time to reminisce about Spring Break. We cannot believe there are only 9 weeks remainding in this school year so we want to take a step back and appreciate all of the plans we are so fortunate to enjoy. Our mission this quarter is to thoroughly enjoy everything each step of the way so here is our first nostalgic Spring Quarter memory: a candid look into the Her Campus UCSB team’s Spring Break plans. Tell us collegiettes, what did you do over your Spring Break? Tell us below!

Elizabeth Wagmeister, Campus Correspondent
“I traveled to San Francisco to visit my good friend that I studied abroad with. I had not seen her since I was living in Barcelona so we had a great time catching up, shopping, and eating our way through the city. Ghiradellia mochas are to die for!

Rachel Miller, Campus Correspondent
“I watched way too much college basketball, puppysat, went house-hunting in Long Beach because my family sold our house in Palos Verdes, went shopping on 3rd street promenade, and went Lunar Bowling because I’m a giant goober.”

Parry Rominger, Head of Public Relations
I spent a relaxing couple of days poolside in Palm Springs with my roommates. Then came back to IV for work—talk about a ghost town!”

Hannah Toutounchi, Staff Writer
I watched the final four March Madness game (Ohio State vs. Kansas) at my friend’s house near the Ohio State campus! They lost, but it was still really cool being in that sports-centered college environment at such an intense time!”

Elyse Greenblat, Photoblog Editor
“I was in Paris!”

Phoebe Kaufman, Social Media Director
I saw Benny Benassi perform at a club in San Diego!”

Rebeca Velasco, Campus Celeb Correspondent
I went to Cabo for 5 days with my boyfriend and my closest friends, and spent the rest of break with hanging out with my family!”

Yassi Hosseini, Public Relations
I took a 3½ day course called Discovery through the Educational Awareness Center, and I met a lot of really amazing people.”

Lauren Briand, Staff Writer and Beauty Contributor
I went to a swanky restaurant in LA, Yamashiro, with my boyfriend for his birthday! Amazing food!”

Megan Shapiro, Staff Writer and Fashion Contributor
“Over Spring Break, I volunteered at my mother’s school teaching mentally disabled children Not you’re average trip to Cabo, but super rewarding!”

Helen Irias, Staff Writer
I saw the Hunger Games at midnight because I am mature.”

Maddie Stack, Photoblog Editor and Staff Writer
I hung out at home and slept for a couple days (recovering from finals). And then I went to Vegas, it was so much fun!”

Elizabeth ('12) is studying Communication and Professional Multimedia Writing at UC Santa Barbara. Born and raised in Calabasas, California, she is a valley girl at heart, but loves spending her time in big cities or at the beach. Elizabeth is currently interning at Santa Barbara Magazine, and is also a writer and reporter for the food, arts, and entertainment sections of her university's newspaper. After a semester studying abroad in Europe, she spent the past summer in New York City as an editorial intern at TV Guide Magazine through the highly competitive ASME Summer Internship Program. Aside from previous internships including a local radio station, Elizabeth worked in Los Angeles at FOX 11 KTTV as a production intern for the top-rated morning show, Good Day L.A and FOX 11 News, and was also recently published in Seventeen magazine. An entertainment fanatic, Elizabeth has interviewed E!'s Giuliana Rancic, the cast of Glee, Entourage, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and more. She is also a dedicated member of the Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority, and served her chapter as Vice President and executive board member. When she's not editing Her Campus articles, you can expect to find her at the gym, shopping, eating chocolate, or watching any show on Bravo. Elizabeth is preparing for a career in print or broadcast journalism, and loves working for Her Campus!