This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

We want them. We see them everywhere. Those gorgeous wavy curls, we’ve just got to have them! But at what cost to the health of our hair? Straighteners and curling irons/wands burn and damage our hair, and take quite some time in the mornings. Fear not! there are easy ways to get adorable beachy waves, minus the heat (except for the heat from living in Santa Barbara). Here are three ways that are so easy you can do them in your sleep!

Before beginning the curling process, we like to get some help from our lovely little helpers: hair products! This part is totally optional, the products are just used to enhance the natural wave in your hair to make the heatless curls even more defined and curly. Miss Jessie’s Pillow Soft Curls is an amazing product to make curls totally plush and bouncy when they come out. For some cheaper (but not lesser) options, we like the OGX Moroccan Curling Perfection defining cream and the Garnier Fructis Wonder Waves wave-enhancing spray. Work your selected product into damp hair and now we’re ready to curl!

1.  Go classic with Flexi Rods

These are awesome because you can choose whatever size you want your curls to be, big or small! Simply twist small portions of your hair around the rod and then fold the rod around your hair to secure it. You can sleep on them or just keep them in for a few hours while doing other things, like netflix marathoning or studying for midterms. Afterwards, just take the flexi rods out and style!

2. Channel your inner little girl with twisty buns

This is probably the easiest method, all you have to do it twist your hair and keep twisting and twisting and then twist your hair into little twisty buns and secure! They’re adorable and comfortable, so they can be slept in pretty easily. In the morning, just take them out, tousle your hair, and go!

3. Curl subtly with these headband curls

You could wear your hair like this all day–go to class, the beach, hanging out with friends, and no one would even notice that you’re in the process of curling your hair! This curling technique also doubles as a super adorable hairstyle, very roaring 20s. When you pull the headband off, the curls flow beautifully onto your shoulders. Afterwards, style (or just keep them down, they’re gorgeous either way!) and be on your way!

Which method is your favorite: 1, 2, or 3? Try them all out, see what works best for you and your hair! Enjoy, my lovelies!

Kristine is a 3rd year Chemistry major at UC Santa Barbara. She was born and raised in San Francisco, CA. When she's not writing, she works with her sister to create adorable baked delicacies for The Royal Icing, their at-home bakery. She's also a ballerina, lipstick enthusiast, and bunny lover. Post-graduation, she plans on going to graduate school while continuing her writing career. Catch her on instagram @CookiesForKay  
Kirby is a recent graduate from UCSB currently living in Los Angeles. As a proud Her Campus UCSB alum, she's happy to be back on the HC team covering one of her fave shows: "The Mindy Project." On any given day you can find her with her nose in a book (let's be real - it's a Kindle). In her free time, she likes petting dogs, binge-watching TV, and eating a lot of food. Find her on Instagram: @kirbynicoleb or @GirlBossEats.