Guys of UCSB Answer Girl’s Burning Q’s

Posted -

I’ve always wished that I could read the mind of a man. I’ve spent endless nights wondering whether guys analyze things the way girls do. “He probably thought I was being needy when I said that.” “He must think I am so annoying.”  I had to get some answers, so I conducted a mini-research project where I asked a handful of UCSB girls what burning questions they had about guys. I then asked a few UCSB guys to answer their questions! Of course, these answers don’t hold true for all guys, but I figured it would be more informative to have a guy answer rather than a girl’s interpretive answer. Let’s be real, my guess is as good as yours.

Well, here are the Q’s and A’s provided by students from UCSB:

giphy.gif

1. "How do you feel about a girl who 'puts out' on a first date?" -Michelle

-"I want her to, but she’s definitely not girlfriend material because she probably does this with a lot of other guys." -Brain

2. "How many dates are appropriate before having sex?" -Christine

-"No specific number, it’s important to feel out the situation." -Blake

3. "Conversely, how do you feel about a girl who makes you wait a very long time?" -Nancy

-"GTFO." -Juan

giphy.gif

4. "How do you feel about female body hair?" -Judy

-"The spikey hair can be annoying, but not a big deal. Armpit hair on the other hand? No." -Peter

5. "Situation: You’ve been putting a girl on the back-burner, so she eventually stops texting you. Why is it that guys always seem to start things back up at this point?" -Lana

-"They miss the attention. A guy who does this is not worth it." (In other words, it doesn’t mean that he’s had a sudden change of heart like we were hoping.) -Bruce

6. "Does the number of guys a girl has hooked up with bother you? Would it bother you if her number were higher than your number?" -Lauren

-"No. No one cares about that." -Daniel (Then why do guys care about the first date thing, contradictory if you ask me.)

7. "Why are (straight) guys so fascinated by anal sex?" -Maria

-"Curiosity. To experiment. Because you’re not supposed to." -Josh

giphy.gif

8. "Why are guys so turned on by girl-on-girl action? Girls don’t care for guy-on-guy." -Tiffany

-"It intensifies the hotness. It’s like what you would see in the movies" (i.e porn). -Ryan

-"Guys assume that they would be able to join in the mix, and two would be better than one." -Seth

9. "Do guys think about the gameplay of texting?" -Summer

-"Yeah, come on. We all do." -Anthony

-"To some extent. If she texts back too soon, it’s kind of cool, but also kind of desperate. I make her wait at least an hour before responding." -Evan

10. "What are signs that a guy is just not that into the girl?" -Sarah

-"I’d start giving short answers, or probably ignore her altogether. I definitely wouldn’t hang out with her." -Lee

***Names changed for the sake of privacy

All images courtesy of giphy.com

Comments

About The Author

Lauren MacDonald is a 3rd year transfer student that is working on her B.A in Communication Studies. She is from from Marin County, California, and hopes to build a career in media marketing here in Santa Barbara. Some of her favorite things to do include writing, painting, and occassionally traveling when she has the money and the time. While at UCSB, she hopes to explore her own interests and aspirations further, in creative and fun ways!