This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Podcasts are the hottest new form of media right now, and one of the easiest ways to get your daily dose of drama, comedy, entertainment, or news! There’s a podcast out there for everyone. Below are my top four favorite podcasts, and hopefully they’ll soon be yours too. 

CoWomen via Unsplash

MOOD with Lauren Elizabeth 

Mood with Lauren Elizabeth is a podcast created by influencer and YouTuber, Lauren Elizabeth. This podcast focuses on everything from beauty, to lifestyle, to business. Lauren teaches her audience about what it takes to boost your mood: whether that’s by binge-watching Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, taking a few extra minutes in your skincare routine, or indulging in those brownies that you promised yourself you wouldn’t eat. With a new pod every week, Lauren never leaves you hanging when it comes to finding a mood booster! 

NPR Politics 

Okay, hear me out. I know that politics may not be the most exciting topic to listen to when you’re making your morning coffee, but it’s important to stay informed, and NPR Politics helps you do just that. NPR releases new episodes daily about breaking news. These podcast episodes tend to be fairly short (around 15 minutes) so that you’re not overwhelmed with information, but are left with enough knowledge to stay up to date with what’s going on in the world. 

Girls Gotta Eat 

Girls Gotta Eat is a podcast created by Ashley Hesseltine and Rayna Greenberg, two 30-something-year-olds based out of New York. Ashley and Rayna share their most useful relationship, sex, and dating advice every Sunday. They get down and dirty with the details and don’t hold back on cracking jokes every other minute. This is a pod that will brighten your mood and leaves you laughing no matter what their topic of the week is. 

Crime Junkie    

Everyone loves some true crime, right? Okay not everyone… but if you do, then Crime Junkie is a must-listen. Co-hosts Ashley Flowers and Brit Prawat dive deep into the world of true crime with 75-minute episodes every Monday. Brit and Ashley never fail to leave you with goosebumps and an itch to know more about whatever murder mystery is talked about that day. 

Roxanne is a senior Film and Media studies major at UCSB. She was born and raised in the Bay Area but has made Santa Barbara her home for the past five years. When Roxanne isn't writing or spending hours catching up on Youtube videos, you can find her working with children or at the beach with friends!
 University of California, Santa Barbara chapter of Her Campus