Feelings and Thoughts as We Approach Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

How did the quarter pass by so quickly? It’s that time of the quarter again: when you start questioning your life choices. So here are some possible thoughts and feelings you may have to deal with as dead week and finals week approaches. But not to worry padawans! You got this and you know that we Gauchos gauchoback!

Wishing you had more time… 

Struggling to find motivation…

Trying to find a way to keep yourself awake…

Rushing to finish that paper due in a couple of hours…

Realizing how much material was taught this quarter and how much is going to be on the exam…

Justifying trying to take a nap since you worked hard…

Pulling all nighters before the exam…

Trying to start studying…

Why can’t I remember anything?

Reconsidering your major and possible future careers…

Eating to destress…Eating it all…

Trying to stay focused to study… and it’s just not happening…

Trying to figure out what to do with your life…

Hoping for the best for finals after those sad midterm scores… 

Praying that the exams aren’t too bad…

But it’s okay because there is still time left to study! Good luck, collegiettes!!!

Hello! Devonne is a fourth year Chinese major with an applied psychology minor. She loves to binge watch shows on Netflix, trying out new food, and writing her penpals during her free time. She has an obsession with being organized and the Container Store a little too much. She is also interested in learning more about watercolor painting and modern calligraphy. 
Kirby is a recent graduate from UCSB currently living in Los Angeles. As a proud Her Campus UCSB alum, she's happy to be back on the HC team covering one of her fave shows: "The Mindy Project." On any given day you can find her with her nose in a book (let's be real - it's a Kindle). In her free time, she likes petting dogs, binge-watching TV, and eating a lot of food. Find her on Instagram: @kirbynicoleb or @GirlBossEats.