Fanning Over Stephan León

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.
Name:
Stephan León

Hometown:
I don’t really think I have a hometown but if I had to answer, I’d say Seattle. 

Age: 19 

Major: Mechanical Engineering 

Relationship Status: Single 

Celebrity Crush:
Mila Kunis for sure 

Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
Introvert 

Hobbies:
I have an unhealthy amount of hobbies, but the main ones are carpentry, making music, surfing, and playing tennis. 

What are you involved in at UCSB?
I’m involved with KCSB radio and am working to get both Rotaract and the fraternity Phi Delta Theta on campus this year. 

What drove you to work at UCSB’s radio station?
I’d like to think that I have decent taste in music and I like the idea of sharing my favorite tunes with other gauchos.  

Favorite music genre:
Jazz 

What instrument(s) do you play?
Guitar mostly, although I play the ukulele, bass, and banjo a lot too. As far as piano and drums go, I dabble in them but I wouldn’t say I can play them too well. 

What draws you to a girl (and why)?
I’d say that I’m drawn to girls with a sense of humor and an appreciation for the arts but good looks don’t hurt either. Humor because laughs are good for everyone involved, art because I don’t think I could ever date to someone who doesn’t value it, and looks because why not?

What do you find as a turn-off in a girl?
Call me old fashioned but I can’t stand it when people use their phones while at the table. 

Ideal first date:
Going to some kind of show like a movie, concert, or play.   

Favorite way to spend your alone time:
Playing the guitar. 

Where do you see yourself in ten years?
I don’t even know where I’m living next year so honestly I don’t know, but wherever I am, I hope I’ll be happy.
Cheyenne is a first-year UCSB student currently studying Communication and Environmental Studies. She is a third-culture kid who grew up in Dubai, UAE and therefore loves to travel and challenge the different social constructs that exist within our world. She enjoys writing, exercising, fashion, film, and is a total foodie. You can find her on Instagram @cheyennekab.
Kirby is a recent graduate from UCSB currently living in Los Angeles. As a proud Her Campus UCSB alum, she's happy to be back on the HC team covering one of her fave shows: "The Mindy Project." On any given day you can find her with her nose in a book (let's be real - it's a Kindle). In her free time, she likes petting dogs, binge-watching TV, and eating a lot of food. Find her on Instagram: @kirbynicoleb or @GirlBossEats.