Everything You Should Know About the Super Bowl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Super Bowl 50 is between the Carolina Panthers and the Denver Broncos and will be played at Levi Stadium in Santa Clara, CA (the home stadium of the 49ers).

The Panthers started their season with a 14-0 record and gained widespread attention as a potential Super Bowl team. Cam Newton is playing his fifth season as the Carolina quarterback. He threw 35 touchdowns and rushed for 10 bringing his total to a career high of 45 touchdowns. The Panthers defense led the league with 24 interceptions.

The Denver Broncos are not new to being Super Bowl material. However, quarterback Peyton Manning turned 39 this year and was out for a handful of games due to a foot injury. Backup quarterback, Brock Osweiler took over but also got injured, which brought Manning back onto the field in Week 17. Other notable players are Demaryius Thomas who had 105 receptions and C.J. Anderson who rushed for 863 yards.

Coldplay will be performing at halftime and hopefully they will bring out some celebrity cameos like Beyoncé or Rihanna. We can also guarantee there will be some solid commercials throughout the game!

You can catch these two teams going head to head on Sunday, February 7th at 3:30PM on CBS. Make sure to buy a bucket of wings and a six-pack; it’s going to be quite an event. 

Hey I'm Sydney. 4th year Global Studies Major with a Minor in French. I love human rights, playing lacrosse and eating burritos.
Kirby is a recent graduate from UCSB currently living in Los Angeles. As a proud Her Campus UCSB alum, she's happy to be back on the HC team covering one of her fave shows: "The Mindy Project." On any given day you can find her with her nose in a book (let's be real - it's a Kindle). In her free time, she likes petting dogs, binge-watching TV, and eating a lot of food. Find her on Instagram: @kirbynicoleb or @GirlBossEats.