Easy to Make Snacks to Get You Through Those Late Night Study Sessions

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

It’s the middle of midterm season right now and sooner or later Dead Week and Finals Week will be upon us. Most of us are currently staying up late, studying for those exams. During these longer hours, I have a tendency to munch on something. Especially if I am sitting at the library until 3 AM and my last meal was at 7 PM. Although the Arbor is very close by and there are vending machines on the first floor, I do not have the money to keep purchasing snacks every single time I am at the library. Because of this, I have learned how to make a few easy snacks myself. Here are five recipes for my favorite snacks that you can make at home too.

Mini Strawberry Cream Cheese Crescent Rolls

This is my absolute favorite mini snacks to make of all time and it is super easy to make. Trust me. I even make these little puff pastries with my kids at work.

All you need is a can of crescent rolls, a jar of strawberry jam (or any other jam that you like), and some cream cheese. The crescent rolls should come pre-cut into triangles already. All you have to do is to place a small dollop of cream cheese and jam on the wider end of the triangle and roll up the crescent roll from the wider end and pop the tray in the oven according to the instructions on the can. Thats it! Super easy and really tasty. 

Nut Free Trail Mix

Trail mix is super easy and you can make a bunch of it and store it in mini ziplock bags. This is my favorite recipe and it is nut free, so those of you out there with nut allergies, I got you! There are only 5 ingredients and its the perfect mix of sweet and salty. The ingredients are mini marshmallows, rasins, mini pretzels, M&M’s, and Honey Nut Cheerios. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.  

Frozen Yogurt Covered Berries

Another easy to make snack is yogurt covered berries. These are super easy! All you have to do is dip your favorite berries into some Greek yogurt and pop them into the freezer. Not only is this option super yummy, but it is also low in calories. It’s a win-win situation! 

The Grown-Up Version of Peanut Butter on Apples

Remember in elementary school when you used to dip your apple slices in peanut butter? Well here is a more elevated version of that childhood snack.

Cut you apple into round slices and de-core the center to get ride of the seeds. Then slather on some peanut butter and sprinkle rasins, granola, and any other toppings you like on top. That’s about it.

Garlic Parmesan Popcorn

Last but definitely not least is a recipe for my girls who prefer a salty snack. Here is a tip on how to easily spruce up your blank microwave popcorn. Just add some garlic salt and sprinkle some parmasan cheese into the bag! Although this tip is super simple, it makes your popcorn so much better!

Hi! I'm Carmen. I'm a second year Pre-Econ and Accounting Major at UCSB. My hobbies include watching TV, hitting the gym, traveling, hiking, and exploring for new restaurants!
Adar Levy

UCSB '19

Adar is a fourth-year student at UC Santa Barbara, studying Sociology. She is an avid creative writer, podcast listener, music enthusiast, and foodie. Loving everything from fashion and lifestyle to women's empowerment, she hopes to work for a major women's publication one day. See what Adar is up to on Instagram @adarbear.