DIY Natural, Easy, and Affordable Face Masks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

In a world full of products packed with mysterious ingredients, it’s nice to know what goes into your beauty routine! While this isn’t always possible with certain products, there is an easy and affordable way to care for your skin with all natural ingredients. Not only are these masks perfect for the girl on the go, they will not break your budget, and they’re great for sensitive skin!

For the simplest ydration

Oatmeal Face Mask:

1.     Hold ‘raw’ oatmeal under running warm water for 10 seconds in your slightly closed fist

2.     Put a couple drops of water unto the softened oatmeal

3.     Apply the mask gently, in a circular motion to face and let it sit for 10 minutes then rinse!

For a sweet and bright complexion

Avocado and Honey Mask:

1.     Mix half a ripe avocado with a txp. Of honey

2.     Add a splash of warm water and mix

3.     Apply to face and let sit for 5-10 minutes then rinse

For a cool acne-fighting hydration

Yogurt and Honey Mask:

1.     2 tbsp. of natural plain yogurt

2.     2 tbsp. of honey, mix together

3.     Apply to face, and let sit for 5-10 minutes then rinse

For freshness and hydration

Cucumber, honey and yogurt mask:

1.     Peel half a cucumber, and blend with 2 tbsp. of plain yogurt, and 2 tbsp. of honey

2.     Place contents onto container and apply to face

3.     Let sit for 5 minutes, and rinse!

Hello! I'm a Socal gal from San Diego, who loves to write and connect with others through my writing! I'm an English major, and senior hoping to go on to a career in writing and animation.
Hi, Collegiettes! I'm Carmen, a Communication major at University of California, Santa Barbara and one of two Campus Correspondents for UCSB. I would love to one day work in either fashion, food, tech, financial services or philanthropy. My dream is to find a job that somehow combines several of those elements. Until I get there, I'll be munching on copious amounts of Trader Joe's dried mango, jamming out to my man, Frank Sinatra, and focusing on creating intriguing content! If you like my writing, talk to me. ;)