DIY Holiday Crafts for Your Dorm or Apartment

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

The holidays have arrived and it is truly the most wonderful time of the year. As collegiettes ourselves, we know that it can be difficult to get into the holiday spirit while stuck inside our bland dorm rooms and apartments studying for finals. Luckily, we’ve made a list of some fun DIY holiday crafts that work double time as a study break and get you excited for the holidays! 

1. Tulle Santa Wreathe

Image via She Knows

This is, by far, the cutest Christmas wreath we have ever seen. And it’s simple too! All you need is a wreath form, tulle, a Santa hat, and some scissors. Step by step process is here

2. Mason Jar Candle Holders

Image via Spark and Chemistry

All that’s needed for these are mason jars, fake leaves, and mod podge. You can also opt for flameless candles if you live in a dorm. Step by step here.

3. Window Ornaments 

Image via Pinterest

Probably the cutest and also the easiest. All you need is a box of ornaments, ribbon, tape and optional greenery.  

4. Wine Glass Candle Holders

Image via Keeper of the Cheerios 

Wine glasses? Check. Glitter spray paint? Check. Googly eyes? Check. Check out step by step here

5. Terra Cotta Painted Snowmen

Image via Craftown

Pick up some mini terra cotta pots from the store, paint, washi tape, and you’re good to go! Step by step images here

Happy holidays, collegiettes!

Sociology major at UC Santa Barbara. Passions include: Taylor Swift, fashion, FRIENDS, chocolate, Snapchat and sassy t-shirts.
Hi, Collegiettes! I'm Carmen, a Communication major at University of California, Santa Barbara and one of two Campus Correspondents for UCSB. I would love to one day work in either fashion, food, tech, financial services or philanthropy. My dream is to find a job that somehow combines several of those elements. Until I get there, I'll be munching on copious amounts of Trader Joe's dried mango, jamming out to my man, Frank Sinatra, and focusing on creating intriguing content! If you like my writing, talk to me. ;)