Cute Treats to Make This Thanksgiving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

It’s that time of the year again, Thanksgiving! With the turkey and the mashed potatoes with gravy and all the stuffing you can eat, this holiday is truly one of the best for food lovers. Of course, if you’re eating an amazing meal, you should have an amazing dessert afterwards (or even before!); here are a few easy and adorable treats to make for your amaaazing Thanksgiving this year.

1.  Mini pies

They’re just like regular pies, but in cute and easy serving sizes! You can make pumpkin pie (recipe here), sweet potato pie, berry pie, apple pie, pecan pie, or any pie that fits your perfect Thanksgiving celebrations.

2. Rice krispies

Rice krispies are very classic, and very versatile; you can shape them into about anything to match your Thanksgiving dinner–like pumpkins or little turkey legs. All you have to do is mix some heated marshmallows and rice krispies together, add some food coloring, and shape! So easy, and absolutely perfect for Thanksgiving celebrations with kids!

3. Cookies

Another super classic recipe, sugar cookies can be shaped and decorated into just about anything, from cute turkeys to bright leaves to even little slices of pumpkin pie!

4. Truffles

These are uber adorable for Thanksgiving feasts, and they come in bite sized pieces so you can eat them even when you’re “too full” to eat any more! Just like all the others, they can be customized in many different ways–like using chocolate cake or pumpkin bread (recipe here)for the filling and decorating them like little pumpkins or little mounds of mashed potatoes and gravy. So many choices, so much cuteness!

Happy Thanksgiving, my lovelies!

Kristine is a 3rd year Chemistry major at UC Santa Barbara. She was born and raised in San Francisco, CA. When she's not writing, she works with her sister to create adorable baked delicacies for The Royal Icing, their at-home bakery. She's also a ballerina, lipstick enthusiast, and bunny lover. Post-graduation, she plans on going to graduate school while continuing her writing career. Catch her on instagram @CookiesForKay  
Kirby is a recent graduate from UCSB currently living in Los Angeles. As a proud Her Campus UCSB alum, she's happy to be back on the HC team covering one of her fave shows: "The Mindy Project." On any given day you can find her with her nose in a book (let's be real - it's a Kindle). In her free time, she likes petting dogs, binge-watching TV, and eating a lot of food. Find her on Instagram: @kirbynicoleb or @GirlBossEats.