- 1½ oz tequila blanco
- ¾ oz lime juice, freshly squeezed
- ¾ oz simple syrup
- Red wine, such as Cabernet or Carménère
- In a shaker filled with ice, pour in tequila, lime juice, and simple syrup.
- Shake until chilled and pour into glass of choice.
- Set a spoon at a 45 degree angle barely placed inside of the margarita. The back of the spoon should be facing the ceiling.
- Pinch the top of the wine bottle with your finger and slowly pour red wine onto the back of the spoon and let it drizzle on the surface of the margarita.
- Pour until you have about ¼ inch of red wine in the glass.
- Congratulations! You've made a really cool looking layered drink