Create your perfect Instagram Feed with these Apps

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

To all my Instagram junkies out there: if you are as obsessed with Instagram as I am, you know that you are always on the hunt for the tools to achieve that perfect picture. Well, I’ve found the 5 best photo editing apps that meet all areas of your editing needs, from the app with the best filters to the app that adds the most clarity and best quality to your photos. So read ahead to get yourself one step closer to that perfect insta feed! 

1. VSCO  

This app is definitely my go-to app for finding the perfect filter to give my photos the extra “umph” that it needs. There is so much variety in the filters available that you are sure to find the perfect one. This app is great in that you can change the strength and quality of your filters too. Once you have found that perfect filter, this app also has the feature to create edits on brightness, contrast, saturation, clarity, temperature and much more to further compliment the filter of your choice. 

2. Snapseed

This app is perfect for photos that require attention to detail. This app features tools that recognize and target the areas in your photo that you want to specifically bring to life. Whether it be your eyes or a specific flower in the field that you captured. This app also does wonders on the brightening and saturation of your photos, whether it be an overall need of brightening or the need to saturate one specfic area of your photo, this app does the job.

3. Afterlight 

Want an app that maintains and even makes the quality of your photos even better!? Afterlight is definitely one that you should checkout. Costing just $0.99 in the app store, this app is great for clarity and creating an HD quality and effect to your pictures. Details on contrast, brightness, temperature and saturation can really make or break the look of your picture. This app really allows you to see the full range of change you can get with these details, from the slightest change to editing that is more drastic. 

4. Facetune 

For all my selfie queens out there, sometimes our perfect picture just needs a little more revamping. Get rid of any unwanted blemishes with the Facetune app costing just $3.99 in the app store. This app with its “details” feature allows you to choose areas of your face that you want to pop or highlight. It also features tools that allows for the slightest amount of smoothing of the skin. It creates a very natural looking edit, because we all know that we’ve tried those face editing apps that make our pictures look like crazy glamour shots! Yikes! We don’t want that! 

5. MOLDIV 

Now for those insta posts that must capture multiple photos at once, MOLDIV is the app for the job. It features a variety of collage templates to choose from, as well as the feature to modify the framework that comes with it- which I think is the best feature of all. Along with the featured templates, this app also includes tools to create quick and easy edits to the quality of your photo. This app has it all! Check out just some of the featured collage templates below and pick up the app to see them al! 

HAPPY EDITING! :)

My name is Patricia Martin. I am currently a third year BFA dance major at UCSB. I am originally from Sacramento, CA. I have been dancing for seventeen years now and have not stopped. I am continuing my training in dance here at UCSB in order to meet my goal to one day be a part of a professional dance company. I also strive to become a choreographer and create works that will inspire other dancers and artists. Although dance is my life, my number one goal in life is to create and inspire whether that be through my dancing, performance or through writing. I am not the best speaker for I am best at expressing myself through movement and written words. And if I am able to use those two things and inspire someone, I am happy.