Collin Cadarette ’13: Coordinating ASVT 2011

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

UC Santa Barbara’s All Sorority Volleyball Tournament (more commonly known as ASVT) is one of the most profitable philanthropies to emerge from our Greek Community.  This week, HerCampus had a chance to talk to Alpha Tau Omega’s, Collin Cadarette, about what it took to plan this years event, and what it’s attendees have to look forward to this Saturday.
What is ASVT? ASVT at its core is a statewide tournament featuring teams of girls from around California. Alpha Tau Omega has been putting on the event for years. This year we will also feature a 10 tent fair of local food vendors, shops, and non-profits. The last component of the event is an all day long rotating concert stage featuring live local music as well as internationally known DJS. I have made an effort to make this an event for every member of the UCSB community, not just a greek event. 
What artists are playing? Local Isla Vista funk reggae rap band The Fire Department will be playing starting at 12. Santa Barbara band Winchester Rebels will also be there rocking out. As the day goes on, local favorites DJ Mackle and Steve Zeleya will be starting up the party, leaving IV favorite Sabatage to drop Sorority Chick right before DJ REZA blows us away with his world famous sound.
How many teams are participating this year? A total of 23 teams are bracketed, with the winner receiving the coveted ASVT champion trophy. The tournament will go all day, with the losers having consolation matches on the unused courts
What is the main goal of this event? The main goal of ASVT is to throw an amazing event. First and foremost, I am putting on a great event for the students of UC Santa Barbara. As a Gaucho, I am in tune with what we love, and am doing my best to bring that vibe to the event. Just as important, Alpha Tau Omega is raising awareness for local beach preservation and proper usage. The Santa Barbara Channel Keeper and Santa Barbara Surfrider are receiving all proceeds from the event in an effort to keep proceeds going towards our local environment.
How can one attend ASVT? Tickets can be purchased at www.asvt2011.whooznxtsites.com Tickets are also available at the A.S. office. Tickets are $11 pre sale and $15 at the door so get them today! Free transportation will be at greek park to and from the event for everyone from 1030 am to 430 pm. Bring a little cash to buy food, and ATMs will also be available onsite.
 What are you most excited for in this year’s ASVT? I am most excited to see this event actually happen. I have been busting my butt of for months so ensure there is something there for every member of the community, and I just want everyone to have a great time. Hope to see you all there!