This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Making out is a serious past time for many on Valentines day, and to ensure it is a pleasurable experience for both parties, proper preparation is key. Yes brushing your teeth and putting on a dab of perfume helps, but lip balm is unquestionably the most crucial aspect. Lucky for you, I happen to be a chapstick fanatic. I can’t leave my house without at least one chapstick in tow. I’ve tried them all– from the ones making your lips feel as soft as a baby’s bottom, to the ones that may taste good yet wear off in .2 seconds. Here’s my list for the most successful Valentine’s Day Kiss!

Image from giphy.com

1. Chapstick

The old and trusted Chapstick brand claims the top! Not only do they have delicious flavors from the standard cherry, but venture into seasonal flavors such as gingerbread or candy cane mint– talk about a delicious kiss!

2. EOS

Eos is a reliable brand, although their round packaging makes this chapstick less portable than most if you aren’t opting to bring a bag or purse to carry it in. Can’t exactly turn around to swipe some of this on if you can clearly see it in your pocket.

3. Burt’s Bees

Burt’s Bees all natural lip balm is sure to leave you feeling like a pure goddess, and all ready to plant a big one.

4. Vaseline

Vaseline is for those that are hardcore kissers and expecting a session up to 30 or 45 minutes!

5. Smackers

Smackers is great.. if you are making out with a 12 year old. Steer clear of smackers, although their flavors like pumpkin pie and pepsi cola may be intriguing, because your lips will be dry and parched even if you re-apply seconds before your magical moment.

Image from giphy.com

Pucker up! Smooch smooch!

XOXO,

HC UCSB

Hi! I'm a second year at UCSB studying history of public policy. You can find me hitting the gym, running by the beach, or trying out a new recipe from Pinterest!
Hi, Collegiettes! I'm Carmen, a Communication major at University of California, Santa Barbara and one of two Campus Correspondents for UCSB. I would love to one day work in either fashion, food, tech, financial services or philanthropy. My dream is to find a job that somehow combines several of those elements. Until I get there, I'll be munching on copious amounts of Trader Joe's dried mango, jamming out to my man, Frank Sinatra, and focusing on creating intriguing content! If you like my writing, talk to me. ;)