Best Shows to Binge Watch This Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

With Spring Quarter in full swing, and the gloomy and rainy days finally behind us, we can officially say that Spring has sprung. If you didn’t attend a wild spring break in Cabo or Miami, good chances are that you spent break bingeing and finishing up your favorite television shows. Now, with a new quarter and new weather, there is no better time to start watching something new! Plus, we all know that the best form of procrastination is in the form of binge watching our favorite shows.

1. Big Little Lies

Image source

An instant hit show on HBO, starring Reese Witherspoon, Nicole Kidman, and Shailene Woodley amongst others, that has captured a wide array of audiences. While the series is short, only 7 episodes, it is an absolute must watch.

2. This Is Us

Image Source

The NBC hit show, This Is Us starring Milo Ventimiglia and Mandy Moore will make you laugh, make you cry, and make you love it the whole time. A show with an impeccable cast and creative, well-written story, it is bound to leave you re-watching over and over again.

3. 13 Reasons Why

Image Source 

A new Netflix original based off of a book, the shows follows the story of a girl who has committed suicide and her experiences leading up to her death. A story that will make you cry, and think about the human experience and life in a way different than you do now.

4. The Get Down

Image Source 

Another Netflix original that has been a huge hit. This show takes place in the Bronx in the 1970’s and is full of great music, dance, and some awesome clothing. It’s a great show to be inspired from.

Happy bingeing! 

Lily is a senior at UC Santa Barbara studying Communication and Education. She loves making lists, minimalism, public media, and breakfast foods. Her planner is her best friend.
Kristine is a 3rd year Chemistry major at UC Santa Barbara. She was born and raised in San Francisco, CA. When she's not writing, she works with her sister to create adorable baked delicacies for The Royal Icing, their at-home bakery. She's also a ballerina, lipstick enthusiast, and bunny lover. Post-graduation, she plans on going to graduate school while continuing her writing career. Catch her on instagram @CookiesForKay