This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Something you didn’t know about Isla Vista? There are multiple places where you can find the best acai bowl of your life. Here are the top five, ranked in order of sheer sweetness and ultimate freshness.

1. Jamba Juice’s Acai Primo Bowl

It just so happens that stepping only a few paces outside of the UCEN on campus can get you the best acai bowl in town. For only six dollars and two quarters, Jamba Juice gives you sixteen ounces of a thick, ultra-satisfying mixture of strawberries, blueberries, bananas, acai juice and soymilk topped with even more berries, bananas, granola, coconut flakes, and honey. Of all the bowls on the list, it is not only the best deal but it also has the best packaging. With every bowl is an orange spoon that looks great in any foodie picture for Instagram. The only downside? You have to be on campus to order it.

2. IV Drip’s Dairy Free Acai Bowl

12 AM. Saturday night. I exit IV Drip. A nearby group spots me. One of them asks where I got the acai bowl in my hand. I tell them IV Drip even though I shouldn’t have to because it’s obvious I just walked out of there. Another comments, “That looks like it would be really good.” Was she drunk? Perhaps. Was she wrong? Absolutely not. It’s easy to be distracted by the cookies and ice cream in IV Drip, but next time get the bowl. They keep it simple, only using berries, juice, honey, and granola. But somehow it still manages to be the sweetest and cheapest bowl out of the five. And you can order it from SBMenus.

3. Blender’s Tropical Acai Bowl

You could get Blender’s regular acai bowl. But the tropical version is way better because you get mango blended in with coconut flakes added to the regular toppings of banana, granola and honey. It’s a good price and tastes sweet, totaling only around 6 bucks.

4. Caje’s Acai Bowl

While on the smaller side as far as servings go, the acai bowl from Caje is the best addition to any study session. Who doesn’t go to Caje to study?

5. Silvergreen’s Tropical Acai Energy Bowl

The most expensive, totaling at almost eight bucks. However, it is a huge serving and it does come topped with toasted almonds along with the regular granola, bananas, strawberries, and honey. It can also be ordered from SBMenus almost anytime, anywhere.

So…

Nkechi Ikem is a writer for the HerCampus chapter at UC Santa Barbara. She is a second year political science major and plans to pursue a career in international law. Originally from the Sacramento area, she can't help but continuously remind people that the city is more than just a capital. In her free time, you can find her listening to the same song for an hour or reacting out loud to a book she's reading. She is present on almost all social media outlets, but her favorite at the moment is Twitter. Follow her @saymynameright_
Kirby is a recent graduate from UCSB currently living in Los Angeles. As a proud Her Campus UCSB alum, she's happy to be back on the HC team covering one of her fave shows: "The Mindy Project." On any given day you can find her with her nose in a book (let's be real - it's a Kindle). In her free time, she likes petting dogs, binge-watching TV, and eating a lot of food. Find her on Instagram: @kirbynicoleb or @GirlBossEats.