This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Lingerie is supposed to make you feel sexy, fun and flirty. I remember thinking as a younger girl that the sexy heels, dresses, and lingerie are the fun of being a woman. The thought of getting pretty took me to images in women wearing tight outfits and sheer meshes that showed some sensuality of their womanhood only to discover sometimes beauty is pain and if you’re not accustomed to wearing the items, it could be painful.

There are tricks to pulling the Mrs. Grey pouty-vulnerable tied-up look, and here are some useful tips.

The go-to is a bralette and matching undies if you’ve never tried the bodysuits or 3-piece garter set (which I have yet to master). You’ll feel comfy enough to sashay around and not feel out of place. Victoria’s Secret and the Zaful website have beautiful garments.

If you are not ready to leap with the bra and matching undies, then stick to a simple short set and deep-plunge bralette. These shorts will be short enough to show some cheekiness but not too much if you’ve just started showing skin around your significant other or if you haven’t made it to your 2018 Body Goal.

If the teddies and babydolls, as Victoria’s Secret names them, are your things, I highly recommend them. They are cute and fun to wear even for parties because they are basically nude-ish body pieces that accent those curves.

If you want to get even fancier, then the bustier corsets are an even cuter scene. Also, like the onesies, they can be used for other events.

Note that all the sets can be ripped if pulled on too much. The whole point is to look cute, but enacting scenes from Fifty Shades of anything can be traumatic to the clothes conditions. So, in light of that, I think that if you feel completely right in your natural state, then, by all means, show up kimono style:

And be bare.

Photo cred: All the clothes are from Victoria’s Secrets’s online collection and Zaful.com 

My name is Lexxus Edison, my most used nickname is Lexi. I am currently a junior at UCSB and I major in English. I am interested in writing and reading which is pretty bland to some considering I spend countless hours doing just that in my major.