Back to Paradise!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

School is back in session and the sun is brighter than ever, which can only mean one thing: day parties (AKA darties)! That’s right UCSB students, what better way to welcome in the new year than crop tops, snappa, and some quality beach time. As many of you know, it was this past Sunday that all of our gracious fraternities decided to provide us with an unforgettable (or for some of you, forgettable) day of fun. It was time for us IV residents to do what we do best: dage. Yet while the boys were getting their slip n slides ready, you only had one thing on your mind… “What will I wear?”

You and your friends rummaged through each others’ closets in hopes of finding that perfect crop top or fringe bathing suit. You tried on at least ten different pairs of shorts, ranging from low-waisted white Brandy Melville shorts to high-waisted vintage Levi shorts. Finally, you found the perfect outfit and were ready to go.

Sure, UCSB is known for its outstanding academics and Nobel Prize-winning professors, but we all know there is no other school that can top our day parties. With that said, last Sunday was definitely not your last day of daging for a while. You will continuously stress about what to wear to impress all those frat cuties. I know how anxious I get about my darty outfits, so here are some tips on where to buy the perfect pieces to lessen your stress and simply enjoy your day!

1.    Stop #1: LF! Follow @LFSantaBarbara on Instagram find out when their new crops and Carmar shorts hit the racks!

2.    Head down to Forever 21 for some cheap, simple crops, bathing suit tops, and a plethora of shorts!

3.    Check out ANGL for a variety of cute tops ranging from flowy to tight!

4.    Make a quick run into PacSun to find the perfect bikini for you!

5.    Lastly, hit Sephora for that waterproof mascara you know you won’t regret! (We all want to go down the water slide at least once!)  

Hope this helps, girls! Can’t wait to see all your cute outfits at the next dager!

Hi! I am a second year student at the University of California, Santa Barbara, yet born and raised in LA. I am currently a Communication major with a great passion for writing! Fashion, exercise, food, family, and friends are what make me most happy! And all in all, I love to laugh!
 University of California, Santa Barbara chapter of Her Campus