Adrian Straight ’12: Surfin’ in SB

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Adrian Straight, a Junior at UC Santa Barbara, spends his free time surfing with the UC Santa Barbara surf team. After spending his life practicing his favorite hobby, he is now one of the most acclaimed members on the surf team. I interviewed Adrian to find out a little more about his talent and he filled me in on what it is like to be a surfer.

HerCampus: How long have you been surfing?
Adrian: I have been playing in the water since I was a child.

HC: How did you get started surfing?
Adrian: Surfing was just another thing I could do in the water, I love it all, surfing, skimming, kite surfing, using the boogie, and my personal favorite, body-womping in front of the 66 block of Del Playa.

HC: Have you entered any competitions or won any competitions?
Adrian: I have been doing surfing competitions since high school. I was lucky and my high school had a surf team, which I became co-captain of in my senor year.

HC: What are your other hobbies?
Adrian: My main other hobby outside of the water would have to be training and fine tuning my Jedi mind tricks.

HC: Are you on a surfing team?
Adrian: Yes, I am on the UCSB surf team.

HC: Who do you normally surf with?
Adrian: I mainly surf with my main two men, Mikey and Kurt. They both have good souls and are quick to smile.

HC: When do you normally surf?
Adrian: When the tides are low, and the moon is full.

HC: What is your favorite quote?
Adrian: Quote of choice, “Don’t take anything too seriously.”