Style > Beauty

9 Products For Every Lazy Girl’s Mornings

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

We’ve all had it happen to us: waking up after pushing snooze too many times and seeing that what you thought was a really long time to get to class is really a fraction of that time. After cursing whoever thought the snooze button was a good idea and deciding if your PJs are socially acceptable to wear in public (just throw on a sweater, no one will notice). You then find yourself in front of your bathroom mirror realizing that if you have any hopes of getting to class on time, and you have less than 15 minutes to not look like an absolute zombie. What’s a girl to do?

The following products will be sure to make your morning routine a breeze:

1. Batiste Dry Shampoo

Image Via Swipe

For those mornings that a shower just aren’t in the cards, a few spritzes of this product will make oily hair go back to its day one freshness, and with its many scents and tints, you’ll be sure to find the perfect one for you.

2. Bumble & Bumble Don’t Blow It Hair Styler

Image via Birchbox

If you are able to take a quick shower (or if your hair is still damp from the night before), avoid the blow dryer and in just two seconds you can apply a bit of this product onto those tresses to avoid that mid-morning frizz. Which is also available for fine hair.

3. Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture With SPF 35

Image via Neutrogena

One of the tricks to a quick morning routine is to combine as many steps as you can. This product from Neutrogena combines hydration and sun protection (super important guys!) into one cream that will absorb into the skin in two seconds flat.

4. The Body Shop Vitamin C Energizing Face Spritz  

Image Via Amazon

Although not as good as a strong cup of coffee, this Body Shop facial mist will wake your skin up with one (or three, if needed) quick spray(s). Great for on-the-go hydration and a quick skin radiance boost, this will be the fastest part of your whole morning routine — and that’s saying something.   

5. NARS Velvet Matte Skin Tint Broad Spectrum SPF 30

Image via Pinterest

Another 2-in-1 product, NARS’ skin tint with SPF 30 will quickly cover up any minor skin problems while still protecting you from Santa Barbara’s wicked sun rays. The best part is that this product can be applied quickly with your fingers, that’s right no brush or foundation sponge required.   

6. Tarte Shape Tape Concealer

Image via TotalBeauty

Let’s be honest, we probably got into this mess because we were up late doing readings (or watching YouTube videos, no judgment) and what happens when we’re up late? Yep, dark circles. To cover those suckers up, use the uber-popular Shape Tape. With one swipe under each eye, you can easily cover up the darkest of circles. You can again use your fingers to blend the concealer for a quick fix.

7. Colourpop Blotted Lip in the shade “Drip”

Image via Colourpop

What’s great about this product is that with one quick swipe you can get the best ‘your lips but better’ color. No fuss, no hassle, just one pass over the lips and you’ll look ten times more put together.     

8. Glossier Cloud Paint

Image via MakeupForLife

I don’t know about everyone else, but when I wake up in the mornings I look like a pale zombie. For that fast flush of color just dab some of  Glossier’s Cloud Paint cream blush onto your cheeks, blend with your fingers, and BOOM zombie face is gone.   

9. Glossier Boy Brow

Image via Teen Vogue

I used to roll my eyes whenever anyone one would tell me that the brows were the most important part of the face. Like, how important can two strips of hair be? In fact, they are very important. If push comes to shove and you only have time to use one of these products pick Boy Brow from Glossier. All the good things you’ve heard about this product are true; this product thickens, fills in, and grooms your brows all in one go. In two seconds you not only have great brows but, more importantly, you look like you spent more than 15 minutes getting ready.      

When SoCal native Lucely Chavez isn't up to her ears in words, she's continuing her mission to find the best coffee ice cream in the world (McConnell's Ice Cream is the current #1). She's currently in her 4th year at UC Santa Barbara where she is majoring in English and minoring in Professional Writing. 
Hi, Collegiettes! I'm Carmen, a Communication major at University of California, Santa Barbara and one of two Campus Correspondents for UCSB. I would love to one day work in either fashion, food, tech, financial services or philanthropy. My dream is to find a job that somehow combines several of those elements. Until I get there, I'll be munching on copious amounts of Trader Joe's dried mango, jamming out to my man, Frank Sinatra, and focusing on creating intriguing content! If you like my writing, talk to me. ;)