8 Underrated Winter Wonderlands

Lake Bled, Slovenia

Image via BoredPanda

With its foggy skies and blanket of snow, Slovenia easily becomes one of the most beauttiful wintertime places with scenic views of the Lake Bled Island.

Perito Moreno Glacier, Argentina

Image via BookMundi

Perito Moreno Glacier is one of the only growing glaciers in the world. Here, you can see majestic views of ice bridges forming and crashing down into the water beneath it.

Lake Baikal, Russia

Image via Peta Pixel

Being the oldest and deepest lake on Earth, Lake Baikal freezes into giant slabs of turquoise ice. Methan gas released by algae forms the frozen bubbles seen in the right picture.

Harbin, China

Image via CNN

The Harbin International Ice and Snow Festival takes place in Northern China every year, where castles and skyscrapers made of ice are lit up by colorful LED lights at night.

Prague, Czech Republic

Image via Practical Wanderlust

Prague in the winter becomes the perfect place for a snowy fairytale, a perfect view to enjoy a Czech Pilsner with.

Miyagi, Japan

Image via JW Web Magazine

With Japan having some of the snowiest cities on Earth, there are so many amazing places to visit such as Zao Fox Village in Miyagi Prefecture.

Lapland, Finland

Image via Secret Travel Guide

There's no better way to see Aurora Borealis than to watch it in the comfort of your very own glass cabin in Finland.

Edmonton, Canada

Image via Hand Luggage Only

You'll feel like Queen Elsa walking around the Edmonton Ice Castles in Canada.