This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

It is hard to decide if it is comical or frightening that Donald Trump is leading the Republican polls. For the women (and other decent human beings) out there, take these sexist Trump comments into consideration when casting your vote. 

1. On Clinton’s mid debate bathroom break: “I know where she went. It’s disgusting, I don’t want to talk about it.”

She went to a bathroom. I repeat a bathroom. Does Trump not go to the bathroom? 

What Bernie Sanders had to say about Trump’s comment: “He has discovered that women go to the bathroom, and it’s been very upsetting to him.” 

2. Blaming menstruating on news anchor Megyn Kelly’s tough questions: “she had blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her wherever.”

Trump also commented: “she’s a lightweight.” 

3. On GOP presidential candidate Carly Fiorina: “Carly — look at that face. Would anybody vote for that? Can you imagine that, the face of our next president?! I mean, she’s a woman, and I’m not s’posedta say bad things, but really, folks, come on. Are we serious?”

4. Rating Heidi Klum: “Heidi Klum. Sadly, she’s no longer a 10.”

Trump, are you ten years old?

5. On his work with female contestants and associates on the Apprentice: “I believe we’re all equal except women still have to try harder and they know it. They will do what they have to do to get the job done and will not necessarily be demure about it.”

6. On his daughter:  “I don’t think Ivanka would do [Playboy], although she does have a very nice figure. I’ve said if Ivanka weren’t my daughter, perhaps I’d be dating her.”

Just ew. 

7. In his book, Trump 101: The Way to Success: “Beauty and elegance, whether in a woman, a building, or a work of art is not just superficial or something pretty to see.”

A woman ≠ building

8. When an attorney had a pre-requested lunch break to pump breast milk: “He got up, his face got red, he shook his finger at me and he screamed, ‘You’re disgusting, you’re disgusting,’ and he ran out of there,” attorney Elizabeth Beck said. 

Sarah is a first-year student studying Communication and Art at UCSB. She is a breakfast food enthusiast and lover of animated movies and the outdoors. If you can’t find her at the beach, find her on Instagram @sorendipity
Kirby is a recent graduate from UCSB currently living in Los Angeles. As a proud Her Campus UCSB alum, she's happy to be back on the HC team covering one of her fave shows: "The Mindy Project." On any given day you can find her with her nose in a book (let's be real - it's a Kindle). In her free time, she likes petting dogs, binge-watching TV, and eating a lot of food. Find her on Instagram: @kirbynicoleb or @GirlBossEats.