8 Practical Secret Starbucks Drinks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Every few weeks, you’ll see the occasional crazy Starbucks drink that circulates Instagram. You, (along with everyone else) tries it, but it ends up not looking at all like the picture you screenshotted to show the barista what the “Unicorn Frappuccino” is. And honestly, the elaborate flavors don’t mix well at all. Here are 8 simple variations of traditional Starbucks drinks that taste good, while letting your barista breathe a sigh of relief.

1. Nutella Latte

Nutella spread is a must have in your kitchen cabinet, but have you considered it in a drink? If you haven’t, you should. This creamy latte is sure to hit your sweet spot!

1 venti caffe misto

1 pump of chocolate

1 pump of hazelnut

Drizzle with caramel

Image via freshmilk.com

2. Milk Tea

If you like Boba Milk Tea, this is the drink for you (except there’s no boba). The richness of the black tea is perfectly balanced out with a splash of half and half and lightly sweetened.

1 grande iced black tea, no water

4 pumps of liquid cane sugar

A splash of creamer

Image via teapeople.com

3. Cotton Candy Frappuccino

This throwback frappuccino was all the rage when in middle school (circa 2010), when YouTube beauty guru Macarbie07 (Bethany Mota) declared it as her favorite drink. Surprisingly, it tastes exactly as the name suggests, and the pastel pink with the whipped cream is a whole aesthetic.

1 grande vanilla bean frappuccino

1.5 pumps raspberry syrup

Image via newsweek.com

4. Strawberry Lemonade Tea

The best type of lemonade plus caffeine? Yes, please! This refreshing drink is lightly sweetened and a great way to beat the heat.

1 grande lemonade, half black tea and half lemonade

2 pumps of strawberry syrup

Image via sarahscucinabella.com

5. S’mores Frappuccino

S’mores have it all–chocolate, graham crackers, and marshmallow. So naturally, the drinkable version is a must try.

1 grande java chip frappuccino

½ pump of toffee nut syrup

½ pump of cinnamon dolce syrup

Blended with whipped cream (and more whipped cream on top, of course)

Add cinnamon dolce chips

Image via bustle.com

6. The Green Drink

The Green Drink gets its name as a spinoff of the infamous pink drink, and better yet, it has matcha!! This is a good drink to try if you want to switch up your classic Iced Green Tea Latte. The matcha already has sweetener in it, so it’ll be perfect as a light drink.

1 grande iced black tea, replace water with coconut milk

5 scoops of matcha

Image via weheartit.com

7. Caramel Snickerdoodle Macchiato

This drink is for those with a sweet tooth as it amps up the classic Caramel Macchiato. It’s another one of those dessert-in-a-cup drinks!

1 grande iced soy caramel macchiato

½ pump vanilla

½ pump cinnamon dolce

Image via the961.com

8. Medicine Ball

This soothing tea is a pick me up for anyone coming down with a cold, or if you just want a blast of caffeine and antioxidants! This recipe is essentially a combination of every home remedy to soothe a sore throat and a cough.

*because of there are two tea bags, it’s recommended to be ordered as a venti

1 bag of jade citrus mint tea

1 bag of peach tranquility

½ hot water

½ steamed lemonade

1 pump of peppermint

Add honey (ask your barista for a packet)

Image via today.com

Katie is an incoming fourth year Communication major at UCSB. Having spent the majority of her life in LA, she's been spoiled by the diversity of food choices at home. But she loves the sunny beaches and college bubble found in Santa Barbara, and can't wait to live on Del Playa next year. When she's not hanging out with her friends, you can find her trying out new recipes or watching vlogs on YouTube. Keep up with Katie on her Instagram @kaythuang!
Hi, Collegiettes! I'm Carmen, a Communication major at University of California, Santa Barbara and one of two Campus Correspondents for UCSB. I would love to one day work in either fashion, food, tech, financial services or philanthropy. My dream is to find a job that somehow combines several of those elements. Until I get there, I'll be munching on copious amounts of Trader Joe's dried mango, jamming out to my man, Frank Sinatra, and focusing on creating intriguing content! If you like my writing, talk to me. ;)