photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash
photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash

8 Must-Have Drugstore Makeup Dupes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Image courtesy of Unsplash

With the latest trends in “Instagram makeup,” it appears the only way to achieve such looks are by buying high-end products. However, drugstore makeup products can get you the same look for much less.  Here are 8 drugstore makeup dupes that are just as good:

1. Ardell Natural Wispies Ardell Natural Demi Wispies, $3.99

Images courtesy of Google Images

You don’t need to buy $20 Huda Beauty falsies to get that doe-eyed look, instead opt for Ardell’s Natural Wispies for under $5. 

2. L’Oreal Carbon Black Mascara

This formula will give you both volume and length without sacrificing the curl of your lashes, all for around $6.

3. Elf Primer

Elf offers many primers for your various skin needs such as a hydrating formula, acne solutions, redness reducing, or brightening.  You can get any of these for $6.

4. Wet n Wild Setting Spray

This setting spray will keep your makeup looking fresh and smudge-free all day long; retails $4.99.

5. Cover Girl Outlast Foundation

Can’t quite afford Tarte’s Amazonian Clay foundation, but still want long-lasting foundation? Look no further than Cover Girl’s Outlast Foundation. It’s coverage and long-wear is up to par with Tarte’s!  Average retail is $9.89.

6. Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer

YouTube beauty gurus swear by it and even opt for this over high end products such as Tarte’s Shape Tape Concealer. It not only erases dark circles, but also brightens the skin. You can use it to conceal discoloration and highlight! For under $8, this product is a steal.

7. NYX Micro Brow Pencil

If you aren’t quite ready to splurge on Anastasia Beverly Hills brow products, NYX offers a more affordable alternative that gives the you the same result. Try the Micro Brow Pencil to define and fill in your brows– spoolie included! It retails for only $9.99.

8. Elf Intense Ink Eyeliner

Unfortunately, Kat Von D Tattoo Liner is not in everyone’s budget. However, Elf’s Intense Ink Eyeliner is a close match! Don’t be alarmed by its thickness, you can still get a sharp, fine line. Additionally, it’s very black and does not flake. For just $3, it’s a steal. 

Kristine is a 3rd year Chemistry major at UC Santa Barbara. She was born and raised in San Francisco, CA. When she's not writing, she works with her sister to create adorable baked delicacies for The Royal Icing, their at-home bakery. She's also a ballerina, lipstick enthusiast, and bunny lover. Post-graduation, she plans on going to graduate school while continuing her writing career. Catch her on instagram @CookiesForKay