This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

I don’t know about the rest of you guys, but I’ve been in quarantine for a month now, and there’s really nothing to do except stress eat, bully myself into doing homework and attending lectures, and binge watch some of my favorite shows.

Here are some of my favorite shows to watch.

Brooklyn 99

This show is a work of art! I love the relationships and character growth. Not to mention, the humor is spot on. This show is pure genius, and everyone should be watching it.

The Office

If you haven’t watched The Office yet, know I am crying for you. The camerawork, the office drama, Dwight Schrute. It’s truly a show worth watching. Though, fair warning, the comedic punchlines given by Michael Scott may come off as rude and offensive.

How I Met Your Mother

This show is how I bonded with my best friend. The constant Barney Stinson references brought us closer together. Also, Marshal and Lilly’s relationship is the cutest thing ever.

All American

I personally don’t like football, but this show is great. I love the the way it tackles social issues, both subtly and not so subtly, and focuses on the people, not just the sport. It also shows the divide between the rich and poor and the differences in the communities. It’s still on-going but it’s a great watch.

Santa Clarita Diet

I’ve always been told I have a dry sense of humor, and I didn’t realize how true that was until I started watching this show. I have never watched a show with my exact sense of humor. I was devastated when the show was cancelled after three seasons, but it’s still amazing. 

On My Block

I love this show because of the friend group and the characters Jamal and Jasmine. This show explores what living in a community full of gangs is like and how four teens try to survive in that situation.

The Originals

A spin off of the Vampire Diaries, this show is all about the first vampires created, and I am obsessed even after the show’s end. The way they handle the character growth of the main character, portrayed as a villain in the Vampire Diaries, is a masterpiece. 

Alexa is a fourth-year English major at the University of California, Santa Barbara. Interests include: listening to music, exploring, and reading.
 University of California, Santa Barbara chapter of Her Campus