7 Bikini Trends to Try This Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Bikini season is pretty much year round at UCSB, but spring quarter is the time when we especially take advantage of our beach backyard! Whether you’re in the water or on the sand, here are 7 swimsuit styles that’ll have you looking trendy this spring and summer. 

1. Bralette

This scoopneck-style top is basically a triangle-bandeau hybrid. Usually lightly lined, bralette bikini tops are comfortable and ideal for smaller chested beach babes.

Splurge: Midori Bikinis

Save: Target

2. Longline

Curvier girls, this is the style for you! Longline bikini tops are nice and secure, and best of all, they’re super flattering. Pair one with some high-waisted bikini bottoms for a ’50s pinup (or Taylor Swift) inspired look!

Splurge: Anthropologie

Save: Victoria’s Secret

3. High Neck

This is another great option if you’re looking for a bikini top that’ll stay on in the waves. In addition, these tops are great for those who want to cover up a little more. Nonetheless, many of them have sheer mesh or crochet panels, so you can feel confident without looking overly conservative. 

Splurge: Acacia Swimwear

Save: Forever 21

4. Neoprene

You’ve probably seen girls everywhere sporting this style (literally – these bikinis are extremely sporty looking). Made of thick wetsuit material, neoprene bikinis are high quality and fit like a glove! 

Splurge: Triangl

Save: Forever 21

5. Crochet

Take it back to the ’70s with this intricate trend – and don’t be surprised if your mom feels inclined to pull out her vintage handmade two-piece after seeing you wearing one of these (#twinning).

Splurge: She Made Me

Save: PacSun

6. Wrap

Definitely not your typical triangle, wrap bikini tops add an element of uniqueness to your swimwear ensemble. Try one in black for an edgy vibe or opt for lighter tones like pastel pink for an unmistakably flirty look.

Splurge: L*Space

Save: Forever 21

7. Strappy

Strappy, cutout – whatever you want to call it, anything that shows an extra peek of skin is in!

Splurge: Mikoh

Save: Forever 21

Melissa Doran