This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Fall is here and it seems as though everything in the grocery store is pumpkin spice flavor! But what about all of the other yummy fall flavors? Believe it or not, some people don’t like pumpkin spice treats! Whether you are one of the few who don’t like them (it’s okay to admit it!), or you simply want to add some variety to your fall dessert selection, here are some new recipes for you to try:

1. Apple Pie Dip

Recipe courtesy: somethingswanky.com

Ingredients:

• 4 medium apples- peeled, cored, and diced into small pieces
  • 3 tablespoon butter
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoon flour
  • 1/2 tablespoon nutmeg
  • 2 pre-made pie crusts

Instructions:

Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Toss in the apples and stir to coat. Mix in sugar, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and the nutmeg. Stir until smooth and well mixed. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring often, until apples reach desired softness. Meanwhile, use a cookie cutter to cut out pie crust rounds. Bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes until golden brown. Serve the dip in individual bowls or in one big bowl. using pie crust rounds as dipppers!

2. Caramel Apple Cheesecake Cupcakes

Recipe courtesy: confessionsofacookbookqueen.com

Ingredients:

• Yellow cake mix- plus eggs, oil, and water as called for on box
  • 8 full sheets of graham crackers, coarsely chopped
  • large can apple pie filling
  • 8 oz block cream cheese
  • 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
  • 2 cups powdered sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 11 oz bag caramel bits
  • 2 tablespoons heavy cream

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350. Line 24 muffin cups with liners and sprinkle graham crackers in bottom of each. Prepare cupcake batter according to box. Fill muffin cups about 2/3 full with batter. Bake about 12-15 minutes. Remove pans from oven and allow to cool.Once cool, cut middles out and be sure not to go down too far, so the cupcake base is sturdy enough to hold the filling. Spoon apple pie filling into cupcakes.

Make cream cheese frosting: In a bowl, mix cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until smooth. Add powdered sugar and mix. Frost cupcakes.

Make caramel topping: Microwave caramel bits and cream cheese for about 2 minutes, stirring every 20 seconds or so until fully melted. Drizzle over cupcakes.

3. Spice Cool Whip Cookies

Recipe courtesy: iwashyoudry.com

Ingredients:

• 1 box Spice Cake Mix
  • 8 oz Cool Whip
  • 1 large egg
  • 3/4 cup powdered sugar

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine the cake mix, egg, and cool whip. Stir until batter becomes thick and sticky. Drop spoonfuls of dough into powdered sugar, roll to coat, then place at least 2 inches apart on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes. Let cool for 3 minutes before removing from cookie sheet. Enjoy!

4. No-Bake Butterscotch Pretzel Bars

Recipe courtesy: mybiscuitsareburning.blogspot.com

Ingredients:

• 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
  • 2 cups crushed pretzels
  • 2 cups butterscotch-flavored pieces
  • 1/4 cup whipping cream
  • 1/2 cup coarsely cup coarsely crushed pretzels
  • 1/2 cup chopped peanuts

Instructions:

Line a 13x9x2 inch pan with foil. Lightly coat foil with cooking spray-set aside. Mix together powdered sugar, peanut butter, and melted butter. Stir in 2 cups od crushed pretzels. Press mixture firmly into bottom of prepared pan. In a saucepan, combine butterscoth pieces and whipping cream. Stir until pieces are melted. Spoon and spread butterscotch mixture over crumb mixture in pan. Sprinkle 1/2 cup coarsely crushed pretzels and peanuts over mixture and press gently. Cover and chill for about 2 hours and cut into bars to serve. Can be stored in fridge for up to a week!

5. Blackberry Cobbler

Recipe courtesy: my lovely mom!

Ingredients:

• 2 cups of sugar
  • 2 cups of Bisquick mix
  • 2 cups of milk
  • 2 cups fresh (or frozen) blackberries
  • ground cinnamon
  • ice cream of whipped cream, for serving

Instructions:

Preheat oven at 350. Mix sugar, bisquick, and milk by hand until smooth. Rinse and pat dry blackberries. Add blackberries to mix and carefully stir to make sure not to crush berries. Grease baking pan and pour mixture evenly into pan. Bake for 45-60 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle cinnamon lightly on top. Serve with a side of ice cream and/or whipped cream!

6. Wassail

Wash down your new delicious desserts with this traditional autumn drink! All you need is a crockpot and a few simple ingredients to make this tasty spiced cider.

Recipe courtesy: my lovely grandmother!

Ingredients:

• 2 cups apple cider
  • 2 cups cranberry juice
  • 2 cups orange juice
  • 3 cinnamon sticks
  • 1 tsp whole cloves
  • 1 whole orange
  • (Want to really spice things up? Add 1/2 cup Brandy- Thanks for the secret ingredient, grandma!)

Instructions:

Leave peel on the orange and poke cloves into peel all over the orange. Place the juice, cinnamon sticks, and orange into a crockpot and cover. Turn the crockpot on high heat and cook for 3-4 hours, until the color has darkened and fruit is soft. Sip and enjoy!

Watch out pumpkin, other fall flavors coming through!

Amber is a 4th year English major from Long Beach, CA. Some of her favorite pastimes include watching sunsets, eating burritos, and enjoying a good book outside on sunny days. She was bitten by the travel bug while spending a semester abroad in Australia and wants to explore the world! She hopes to land a career that allows her to do two of the things she loves the most- travel and write. Catch up with her on Instagram at @amber_bamm.
Kirby is a recent graduate from UCSB currently living in Los Angeles. As a proud Her Campus UCSB alum, she's happy to be back on the HC team covering one of her fave shows: "The Mindy Project." On any given day you can find her with her nose in a book (let's be real - it's a Kindle). In her free time, she likes petting dogs, binge-watching TV, and eating a lot of food. Find her on Instagram: @kirbynicoleb or @GirlBossEats.