5 Ways to Dress Up Your T-Shirt Dress

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Let’s face it ladies: one of the best parts of being a girl is having the option to slip on a solid-colored dress when we actually have nothing to wear. And what’s the best part about that? The fact that you’ll always get compliments for looking extra fancy (when really, we’re usually just being extra lazy)! But now — as nice as that all is — sometimes we really do want to try a little more and a plain t-shirt dress doesn’t always do enough. However, yet another great thing about them is how versatile they can be. Here, I’m going to show you how just by adding a few pieces from your wardrobe, you can look like the most stylish girl in Santa Barbara.

1. With over-the-knee socks and riding boots.

This look is super cozy, cute and perfect for class!

2. Still chilly out? Throw on a cropped jean jacket!

Also pair with some ankle-strap flats and a patterned crossbody bag and you’re set for a day out shopping.

3. Add a little bit of color with some maroon booties and a matching scarf.

Bonus: An army-green vest adds some dimension while keeping to the winter color scheme.

4. Brunch date on State Street with your S.O.? This super cute floppy hat has you covered.

Just add your favorite watch and a metallic clutch and you’re guaranteed to look and feel like a million bucks.

5. Just a couple of statement pieces can easily (thank goodness) give you the perfect night look.

A chunky necklace and a large patterned clutch is all you need.

Sociology major at UC Santa Barbara. Passions include: Taylor Swift, fashion, FRIENDS, chocolate, Snapchat and sassy t-shirts.
Kirby is a recent graduate from UCSB currently living in Los Angeles. As a proud Her Campus UCSB alum, she's happy to be back on the HC team covering one of her fave shows: "The Mindy Project." On any given day you can find her with her nose in a book (let's be real - it's a Kindle). In her free time, she likes petting dogs, binge-watching TV, and eating a lot of food. Find her on Instagram: @kirbynicoleb or @GirlBossEats.