5 Things You Should Buy Right Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Remember all those cute bikinis and summer dresses you wanted but didn’t want to spend the money to buy? With summer coming to an end, there are so many things flying onto clearance racks at a fraction of the original price. Why not save a couple of dollars by buying what you need for next summer right this moment? Here’s a list of things you should get as summer is coming to an end:

Summer dresses

Summer dresses are always a must have. There are some summer dresses that will never go out of style, so why not pick them up on clearance now? A breezy cotton option is a classic.

Sandals

Although it is fall now, the weather apparently doesn’t agree because it has been so hot lately in SoCal. Although boots and booties are the must-haves of the fall season, having a pair or two of cute sandals is always great – especially when it doesn’t even feel like fall outside.

Purses 

Many purses go on clearance at the end of the season because the colors that are “in” now are most likely different. But if you don’t really care too much about that, you can most likely get a bag that you want for a discount upwards of 50%.

Bikinis

With summer coming to an end, retailers are trying to get rid of their bikinis because people won’t be actively looking for them as they did in the summer. This is the perfect chance to stock up on some that you can break out next summer!

Sunglasses

In my mind, I feel like sunglasses always match up with summer. Now that it is fall, I feel like the styles are changing and I feel like retailers are trying to get rid of their older styles that are more fit for summer, but if you’re lucky, you can probably score a really nice pair for a very good price!

Hello! Devonne is a fourth year Chinese major with an applied psychology minor. She loves to binge watch shows on Netflix, trying out new food, and writing her penpals during her free time. She has an obsession with being organized and the Container Store a little too much. She is also interested in learning more about watercolor painting and modern calligraphy. 
Kristine is a 3rd year Chemistry major at UC Santa Barbara. She was born and raised in San Francisco, CA. When she's not writing, she works with her sister to create adorable baked delicacies for The Royal Icing, their at-home bakery. She's also a ballerina, lipstick enthusiast, and bunny lover. Post-graduation, she plans on going to graduate school while continuing her writing career. Catch her on instagram @CookiesForKay