This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Spring is near, which also means its time to get cleaning. Here are some tips to make your spring cleaning a little less dreadful. 

Get rid of any clothes you haven’t worn in the past year

Tackling the closet may be one of the most difficult parts, depending on how much clothes you have. But, I promise you it will feel so good after knowing you don’t have a cluttered mess in your closet! Go through all of your clothes and toss out/donate any clothes you have not worn for the past year because chances are you’re not going to wear it anyway. And it’s an excuse to get some new pieces for the new season! 

Organize your closet

This is something I personally already do and it’s so helpful when I’m trying to figure out what to wear in the morning. Some people like to color coordinate their clothes, but I like to organized my clothes by sleeve length (tank tops to sweaters and jackets). 

It’s time to clean out that fridge

Whether you live in dorms or have your own place, you probably have a fridge. Now, when was the last time you cleaned that thing? Start by getting rid of any old food. Then, take out the rest of your food and clean the actual fridge. If you are going to clean anything this spring, it should probably be your fridge! 

De-clutter

Go through any part of you bedroom (like your desk) or your place that looks like you’ve been hoarding for the past 3 years. This could means getting rid or old paper work, selling your books, or just finding a way to organize your things better! 

Re-decorate

Since you’re already doing all this cleaning, this is the perfect excuse to revamp your place! Buy new posters or some plants to liven up your room and give it a cozy vibe. 

Happy cleaning! 

Cindy is a San Diego native currently attending the University of California, Santa Barbara. As a 2nd year Global Studies major she aspires to work in the PR or marketing industry. During her free time she enjoys hanging out with friends, admiring the breathtaking IV sunsets, napping, shopping, or binge watching favorite TV shows. 
Kristine is a 3rd year Chemistry major at UC Santa Barbara. She was born and raised in San Francisco, CA. When she's not writing, she works with her sister to create adorable baked delicacies for The Royal Icing, their at-home bakery. She's also a ballerina, lipstick enthusiast, and bunny lover. Post-graduation, she plans on going to graduate school while continuing her writing career. Catch her on instagram @CookiesForKay