harits mustya pratama g4iBHZM sKY unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
harits mustya pratama g4iBHZM sKY unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Signs You’re Over This Quarter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

You are trying to find the will to go to class.

Since you were burnt out during Week 5 from midterms, you’re still trying to dig deep to find fuel for three papers, the rest of your actual classwork, and finals. You’ll get through it.

Your wardrobe/makeup routine has gone by the wayside.

No one tells you that you look tired anymore when you don’t wear makeup, a) because you’re always tired and b) because what’s makeup? Also, your favorite sweatpants are making an appearance at least three times a week – at home, school, or out with friends. They’re multifunctional.

Coffee has no effect on you.

Your consumption levels have risen so that you drink out of necessity (to avoid caffeine headaches), and a switch to tea is just too much to handle right now. Coffee is routine. Routine is good.

Calories are beginning to become less important… because, IV Deli and boba is great at 2 AM.

To quote Drake, you started not to give a f— and stopped fearing the consequence. The gym is but a distant memory of Week 1.

You’re starting to calculate how much work it’s actually going to take for you to graduate.

“Self, what’s the minimum amount of work I need to do to get the grade I want?” Enough said.

Film & Media Major, #BlackGaucho, Senior, and writer.
Kirby is a recent graduate from UCSB currently living in Los Angeles. As a proud Her Campus UCSB alum, she's happy to be back on the HC team covering one of her fave shows: "The Mindy Project." On any given day you can find her with her nose in a book (let's be real - it's a Kindle). In her free time, she likes petting dogs, binge-watching TV, and eating a lot of food. Find her on Instagram: @kirbynicoleb or @GirlBossEats.