5 Places You Have To Visit Before You Leave UCSB

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Whether you’re graduating soon, going home for the summer, or are just looking for something to do, here are five must go places before you leave UCSB.

Hendry’s Beach/Boathouse

Located just a few freeway exits from campus, Hendry’s has it all. They have a beautiful beach with lots of room to swim and relax while playing with dogs on this designated dog beach. They also have an amazing restaurant, Hendry’s Boathouse. Sit outside and eat one of their delicious brunch omelettes while listening to the ocean. Can’t get a table outside? No problem, they have 360 windows inside so you can still enjoy the breathtaking view.

Stearns Wharf

The wharf is a perfect place to take a load off, grab some food, and watch the boats. The wharf gives you that classic beach town vibe with lots to do. There you can find small shops, sushi, fish houses, the yacht club, and so much more.

Knapp’s Castle

The sun is shining almost everyday here in Santa Barbara and Knapp’s Castle is the perfect place to watch one of those sunrises, sunsets, or just spend some time outside. This mini hiking trail leads to an old abandoned mansion’s ruins. The ruins create for the perfect outdoor playground with amazing views of the valley around it.

The Santa Barbara Mission

Santa Barbara is known for more than just it’s great beaches. A city with lots of rich history, Santa Barbra has a lot of landmarks to visit. The Santa Barbara Mission is a Spanish Mission founded at the roots of the city. Take a trip downtown to visit this beautiful building and learn about our city’s history.

Goleta Butterfly Grove

Just a few miles away from campus is one of Goleta’s best hidden gems, the butterfly grove. Take a trip to see land preserved for its immense Monarch Butterfly population. There are trails to walk along and lots to see in this protected landmark.

Hanna is a first year student at UCSB planning to major in Communications. She is interested in everything fashion and pop culture related. When she isn't writing for Her Campus she enjoys hanging out with her friends, being active in her sorority, and showing everyone pictures of her bulldog.
Adar Levy

UCSB '19

Adar is a fourth-year student at UC Santa Barbara, studying Sociology. She is an avid creative writer, podcast listener, music enthusiast, and foodie. Loving everything from fashion and lifestyle to women's empowerment, she hopes to work for a major women's publication one day. See what Adar is up to on Instagram @adarbear.