This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

If you’ve ever been to the overcrowded Starbucks in IV, you’ve felt the frustration of not being able to find a seat and having to wait ten minutes for a drink.  It’s time to look for more coffee shop options to study at where you won’t have to deal with all of the craziness!  Here are five of my favorite coffee spots to get my study grind on:

Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf on De La Vina Street, Santa Barbara

-Favorite Drink: Hazelnut Iced Coffee

I think of Coffee Bean as Starbucks’s better half (don’t worry Starbucks, I still love you).  It’s less popular than Starbucks, which makes it quieter and great to study at. The drinks are just as good, or even better in my opinion.  Their customer service is the best and I’m obsessed with their little ice cubes!

Java Station on Hollister Avenue, Santa Barbara

-Favorite Drink: Dragonwell Green Tea

If you’re looking for something different, Java Station is a great place to try out.  Its hipster vibe comes through its indie music playing in the background and I love the big comfy couches and armchairs.  This place feels very homey; there’s even a fireplace!  This is my favorite place to study at for finals, because it’s the quietest coffee shop I’ve ever been to.  And if you’re a big tea drinker, like me, this is the spot for you!  They have countless choices of delicious tea that are hard to find at just any coffee shop. 

Coffee Cat on Anacapa Street, Santa Barbara

-Favorite Drink: Honey Hazelnut Latte

Coffee Cat is a small, quirky coffee shop by State Street.  It can be a little crowded sometimes, but it’s worth it to see the cool local art hanging on the walls, and maybe even get a design drawn on your latte!  The staff is super friendly and the many outlets make it easy to plug in your laptop while studying!

Coffee Collab on Pardall Road, Isla Vista

-Favorite Drink: Hot Chocolate

If you don’t want to go farther than IV, there is always the trusty Coffee Collab right down the street from campus.  This coffee shop always has a personal vibe and it seems as if everyone knows each other.  This small, community based café is great to become a regular at because it’s so easy to get to!

Zizzo’s on Storke Road, Goleta

-Favorite Drink: Mocha Valencia

Zizzo’s has the most unique coffee drinks that I’ve ever seen.  They also have a comfy couch to study at, and several chairs.  And when you’re done studying, you can celebrate with a brew at their bar!  If you just feel like grabbing a coffee, they also have a drive thru.  All of their drinks look so good, I want to try them all.  If you’re obsessed with everything orange, you’ll love their mocha valencia!

Have fun exploring and finding your new favorite coffee shop!

Siobhán is a fourth year English major at UCSB. She is originally from the Bay Area and still misses hearing "hella" on the daily. She loves the ocean, photography/ film, music, and good eats (especially burritos). In her free time, she likes to obsessively watch Netflix, watch the sunset, and experiment with new recipes in the kitchen! You can see what she is up to on her instagram @swetzelll.
Kirby is a recent graduate from UCSB currently living in Los Angeles. As a proud Her Campus UCSB alum, she's happy to be back on the HC team covering one of her fave shows: "The Mindy Project." On any given day you can find her with her nose in a book (let's be real - it's a Kindle). In her free time, she likes petting dogs, binge-watching TV, and eating a lot of food. Find her on Instagram: @kirbynicoleb or @GirlBossEats.