stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

5 Apps to Boost Your Productivity

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

While I’d love to say I’m an organized and productive goddess on top of my game 24/7, that’s unfortunately not the case. Some days I wake up ready to conquer my midterms and assignments, and others it’s the last thing I want to do. Recently, I’ve found that turning to technology can be extremely helpful in switching up your study routine. There are so many amazing (and free) productivity apps now that are perfect for staying organized and getting all of your work done. Here are five of my favorites!

Flora – Focus Habit Tracker

This app is great if you’re having a hard time putting your phone down. It allows you to set time limits for yourself and if you succeed in leaving your phone down, it plants a tree. If you fail, it kills the tree, but otherwise you have a beautiful garden. You can even set specific goal reminders for yourself. I love using this while I’m studying and the small incentive makes setting specific time goals so much easier.

MindNode

MindNode allows you to create “mind maps” by mapping out ideas and connecting or grouping them together. It comes with various stickers, themes and fonts to help keep you motivated while making studying feel a little less daunting and dry. This app is great if you are a visual learner and will definitely help you organize and solidify your thoughts.

Google Calendar

This one seems intuitive, but having some form of calendar app on your phone is a game changer. If you’re like me and have a hard time writing things down in a paper planner after the first week of class, you’ll love the ease of an app. While there are thousands of calendar apps out there, I’m partial to this one as it automatically syncs across my computer and any other device I might be using. When I get a homework assignment or set an appointment, I create a task or event on the app so I have no excuse to forget about it.

Wunderlist

This to-do list app is just what it sounds like. It allows you to create different task lists and check them off as you go. When I wake up in the morning, I make a list of all the things I want to accomplish that day to make sure I’m staying on track. This little ritual has really helped me to feel less stressed about everything as soon as I have my tasks in writing and definitely leaves me feeling more productive.

Evernote

Evernote is the mother of all notebook apps. It allows you to create unlimited notebooks and label and divide them as much as your heart desires! You can even add audio, photos, and documents- which is great when you’re trying to organize lecture material. You can also share your notebooks with others and annotate any information you may need for group projects.

Kaylin is a third-year UCSB student pursuing a major in Communication and minor in Applied Psychology. In her free time she loves reading, doing yoga, hanging out with friends, testing new recipes in the kitchen, and designing her first dream tiny house on Pinterest.
Adar Levy

UCSB '19

Adar is a fourth-year student at UC Santa Barbara, studying Sociology. She is an avid creative writer, podcast listener, music enthusiast, and foodie. Loving everything from fashion and lifestyle to women's empowerment, she hopes to work for a major women's publication one day. See what Adar is up to on Instagram @adarbear.