The 411 on Gaucho Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Whether you’re a first year or transfer student, there is probably a few things you didn’t know you could do as a UCSB Gaucho! 

The ladies at UCSB are here to make you’re Fall quarter a bit smoother. With that, we constructed a list of the top 5 things you should know about attending UCSB! Enjoy!

Things You Ought To Know About Attending UCSB

1. Free Movie Tuesdays!

Don’t have money to spare for leisure activities? UCSB offers up-to-date movie screenings every Tuesday @ 7PM and 10PM in IV Theater! Check out the movie line-up here!

2. IV/SB Menues

Tired of the dinning commons food? Craving a snack but too lazy to make your way to IV? Don’t sweat it! Order your favorite food from IV here! Want some McDonald’s or Chili’s? Check out the various restaurants you can order from Goleta and Santa Barbara area using SB menues. Check them out here !

3. FREE Printing

Don’t have a printer? Don’t want to keep paying to print in the Library? Don’t forget, as a UCSB student you paid school fees that help you get 200 FREE printing pages! Printing labs are located @ HSSB, Phelps, and other building. Get a list of printing labs and hours of operations here!

4. CAPS

Attending college is a highly stressful transition in everyone’s life. Aside from the tough classes, many of us deal with being a part from our families, and how to balance academic with social life. Don’t overwhelm yourself and know that there are professional psychologists and professionally trained peer mentors that you can talk to. Make an appointment and find out the many services offered to you here walk-ins are also welcomed.

5. The Arbor

A.K.A. Your food heaven! Aside from being a convenience store, The Arbor sells blue books and scantrons. There is also a Subway located inside! Have your own food? Go inside and use the microwaves and toasters that are there for your use. Grab some condiments and utensils while you’re at it. Iced coffee drinks (aside from hot drinks) are also sold from the window next to the entrance! 

We hope this quick list has helped you! Have a fabulous fall quarter, collegettes! Ole!

Elizabeth Vasquez graduated from UC Santa Barbara back in 2016 with a BA in English. Elizabeth currently resides in the Silicon Valley area and works for Modern Luxury Silicon Valley magazine as a marketing & events coordinator. When she isn't working, Elizabeth enjoys dining out with friends, reading a book and spending time with her two dogs. See what she is up to on Instagram: @iamelizabethvasquez and on Twitter: @MissElizabethLV
Kirby is a recent graduate from UCSB currently living in Los Angeles. As a proud Her Campus UCSB alum, she's happy to be back on the HC team covering one of her fave shows: "The Mindy Project." On any given day you can find her with her nose in a book (let's be real - it's a Kindle). In her free time, she likes petting dogs, binge-watching TV, and eating a lot of food. Find her on Instagram: @kirbynicoleb or @GirlBossEats.