Style > Beauty

4 Magnetic Beauty Products That Will Blow Your Mind

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

From cut-creasing to tape contouring, the beauty industry definitely keeps us on our toes! Recently, magnets have found their way into various beauty products and we couldn’t be more intrigued. The following products are prime examples of all the wonderful things that happen when science meets beauty…or better yet, when brains meet beauty. (Just pretend that you laughed.)

1. Dr. Brandt’s Magnetight Age-Defier

:You can order this on Sephora, although it’s more of a splurge. Just apply the mask to your face and remove it using the magnetic piece that comes with the facial. Pretty neat! 

2. Essie Snakeskin Nail Polish

This takes nail art to the next level. After painting your nails, place the magnetic cap over one of your fingers that is painted and voila – snakeskin pattern on your nails minus the blood, sweat and tears that usually go into a great at-home manicure.  

3. Magnetic Falsies

A brand known as One Two Lash just launched a set of magnetic false eyelashes. To all my girls who suck at applying falsies, your prayers have been answered. Place one falsie beneath your lashes and the other on top of your eyelashes. Both pieces will connect to one another and leave you with luscious lashes without any glue getting stuck to your eyelids.

4. Mac Eyeshadow

Speaking of eyelids, Mac created a set of magnetic eyeshadows. The pigments are magnetized and charged so they stick to the inside of the eyeshadow jar (no more spilling your loose eyeshadow everywhere) as well as onto your eyelids, seamlessly. Did I mention they come in nude shades too?  

With all these insane beauty trends, who knows what’s coming next? Keep your eyes peeled and wallets ready, collegiettes! 

Naomi is a fourth-year, English major and Multimedia Writing minor at UCSB. She is originally from the LA area, but aspires to someday make it in New York as a web content writer. Cats, green tea and British accents are slight obsessions of hers.
Kristine is a 3rd year Chemistry major at UC Santa Barbara. She was born and raised in San Francisco, CA. When she's not writing, she works with her sister to create adorable baked delicacies for The Royal Icing, their at-home bakery. She's also a ballerina, lipstick enthusiast, and bunny lover. Post-graduation, she plans on going to graduate school while continuing her writing career. Catch her on instagram @CookiesForKay