This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

There comes a time in your life when you recognize and accept your mortality and the inevitability of aging. You realize that maybe you aren’t as “hip” or “in” as you used to be and that’s a-okay because you’ve got a bottle of wine with your name on it and a hot date with your fave TV program. Age IS just a number so here are a few signs you are 21 going on 60.

1. You are recently legally able to drink and your hangovers decided to intensify with the passion of one thousand burning suns. WHHHHHYYYYY???

2. You no longer have the stamina or drive for shots. Hard pass.

3. Clubs are too loud.

4. Going out in general has become increasingly unappealing.

5. You heard a new slang word or acronym and have no idea what it means so you have to hit up your younger sister. “Uhmmmm, on fleek?”

6. You’re a member of the millennial generation, who are known and expected to be tech savvy, but you still have to use google to figure out how to convert those files into a pdf. What even is a pdf?

7. You say and/or think “kids these days.”

8. Whenever you make sudden movements your entire body sounds like it’s made of rice krispies.

9. And although you sometimes think that you are way to young to feel this damn old, deep down you really don’t give a sh*t.

Brenna is a senior and global studies major at UCSB. Her goal in life is to be a comedy writer and the proud owner of an alpaca farm in South America. She enjoys sarcasm, wine and everything fine.
Kirby is a recent graduate from UCSB currently living in Los Angeles. As a proud Her Campus UCSB alum, she's happy to be back on the HC team covering one of her fave shows: "The Mindy Project." On any given day you can find her with her nose in a book (let's be real - it's a Kindle). In her free time, she likes petting dogs, binge-watching TV, and eating a lot of food. Find her on Instagram: @kirbynicoleb or @GirlBossEats.