Sometimes being a college student can be rough. There are the lengthy readings, exams and assignments galore. Not to mention feeding ourselves, trying to exercise, maintaining a social life and getting enough sleep only add to the never ending “to-do” list that is our life. However, it helps to know that there’s a silver lining to the madness that accompanies the pursuit of a higher education. Here are thirteen of some of the happiest (and extremely understated) moments we’ve probably all experienced as college students. Because in the end, it’s the little things that matter.
1. Seeing an email from your professor with the subject line “Class canceled.”
2. When you consider going to an event on campus then find out there’s going to be free food.
3. Receiving student discounts. Especially ones you didn’t know existed!
4. When an assignment due-date or test date is extended.
5. Finding out your midterms or finals are “take home.”
6. When the curve is in your favor.
7. Getting a free t-shirt (or free stuff in general, really).
8. When lecture ends early.
9. When you receive a passing grade on an assignment you procrastinated so hard on.
10. That feeling when you’re able to nap after pulling an all nighter.
11. Lying down in freshly washed blankets because you finally did laundry.
12. Being tackled by your overjoyed dog when you go home for the weekend.
13. Not having to cook because your mom sent you back to school with home cooked meals.
14. Realizing that you’re fortunate enough to even receive a higher education and someday the struggle will be worth it.