pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

12 Questions Every Fourth Year is Tired of Hearing

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Half the pressure of graduation comes from the journey it takes to get there. But where does the other half come from? It comes from the MILLIONS of questions that friends, family and overly friendly/curious strangers ask once they find out graduation is approaching. As fourth years we’ve become experts at knowing what we don’t know and for many of us, that includes our post-grad lives (lol). Below is just the surface of what we’ve been asked since the start of senior year: 

1. So what now?

2. What are your plans for after graduation?

3. Are you moving back home?

4. Have you applied to any jobs?

5. Are you going to grad school?

6. If not, do you ever plan on going back to school?

7. Are you excited to not be a student anymore?

8. How much debt do you have?

9. How do you plan on paying back your loans?

10. Are you ready for the real world?

11.  Are you sad to leave your school behind?

12. Are you ready for the next part of your life? 

Naomi is a fourth-year, English major and Multimedia Writing minor at UCSB. She is originally from the LA area, but aspires to someday make it in New York as a web content writer. Cats, green tea and British accents are slight obsessions of hers.
Kristine is a 3rd year Chemistry major at UC Santa Barbara. She was born and raised in San Francisco, CA. When she's not writing, she works with her sister to create adorable baked delicacies for The Royal Icing, their at-home bakery. She's also a ballerina, lipstick enthusiast, and bunny lover. Post-graduation, she plans on going to graduate school while continuing her writing career. Catch her on instagram @CookiesForKay