nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

11 Thoughts You Have When You Turn 21

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

So turning 21 is kind of a life changing event. You enter a different world. A world of so many new possibilities. But you also enter the world of adult. And the adult world comes with adult responsibilities. Here are some thoughts you have when you turn 21. Unfortunate and fun thoughts.

1.       “Wow this bar is so cool! I feel so cool! YAY 21 life!!”

2.       “Wait… is this drink really 14 bucks? For ONE drink? Are you serious?”    

3.       “Ok this drink isn’t even THAT good. Can we just go home and drink some wine?”

4.       “Why is this creepy guy hitting on my friend. Should I like, do something now? Isn’t he too old to be at this bar?”

5.       “I can actually LOOK at the wine and spirits part of the menu at restaurants!”

6.       “I’m so happy I’m 21! Wow… not anymore because this bar tab is BAD.”

7.       “Honestly, how do people keep track of their phone, wallet, and their dignity when they go out?”

8.       “Fruity drinks are great! I want to do this all the time.”

9.       “I can just buy wine like, whenever I want.”

10.   “And I can just buy beer like, whenever I want! Wait, I still hate beer.”

11.   “Nice, my alcohol consumption is legal. Being 21 is awesome!!”

Just a Bay Area girl trying to make it in the real world with the help of friends, coffee, and Drake.
Kirby is a recent graduate from UCSB currently living in Los Angeles. As a proud Her Campus UCSB alum, she's happy to be back on the HC team covering one of her fave shows: "The Mindy Project." On any given day you can find her with her nose in a book (let's be real - it's a Kindle). In her free time, she likes petting dogs, binge-watching TV, and eating a lot of food. Find her on Instagram: @kirbynicoleb or @GirlBossEats.