Aside from dealing with the stress of deciding whether to tan at the beach or study at the library, there’s a lot more us collegiettes have to deal with and well, it’s safe to say, we’re not alone. Here are the most common struggles us badass feminists deal with while attending college!
1. Hearing the word “guys” all the time:
2. Correcting people when they use “bitch” in an argument:
3. Having to defend an entire major when people say “why do we even have a Feminist Studies department?”
4. When people don’t understand the Vagina Monologues:
5. Getting slut-shamed when wearing short shorts to class:
6. Having to sit through History classes that discuss white male narratives:
7. Learning about African-American & Latino men in an Ethnic Studies class but hardly ever about Women of Color:
8. When people question why the Women’s Center gives out free pads/tampons but never question why there are free condoms everywhere:
9. Having to explain that sexual harassment is a real issue on campus AND EVERYONE GETS ALL WORKED UP ABOUT IT!
10. Not only do you get cat-called in the streets, but it happens on campus, too. Yeah, it’s real.
11. And let’s not forget our all time favorite feminist struggle:
Keep fighting the good fight, ladies! And stay fabulous!